8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 fullcoat for sony super 8 sound recorder 532

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 fullcoat for sony super 8 sound recorder 532
Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2014 06:59 PM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a Sony super 8 sound recorder model 532-TC800B made by the "Super 8 Sound company"back in the 70's from what I've read this was the first dual system sound system marketed for S8 film shooting. The company actually has morphed into Pro8 and is still in business. Here is a link about this recorder for anyone that is interested http://www.dtvgroup.com/Super8Sound/
Anyway my problem is this : I want to use this machine with the 1/f contact switch method (the flash sync socket on the camera) but I need to find some super 8
fullcoat tape for the recorder for it to function like that (its basically just reel to reel tape with sprocket holes punched into it the same as super 8 film.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SOURCE FOR SOME S8 FULLCOAT ???
Or possibly have any that you'd be willing to sell ?
There isn't much I can with this recorder to use for sync sound without the fullcoat, and I'd really REALLY like to get this system working.
Keeping my fingers crossed that someone out there knows where to find some.
THANKS !!!
Doug

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Dantona
Junior

- posted January 16, 2015 08:38 AM      Profile for Thomas Dantona   Email Thomas Dantona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Doug, I have quite a lot of Fullcoat that I purchased from Super 8 Sound back in my production days.

I'd be happy to share if you contact me.

Tom Dantona

John Semper
Junior

- posted May 28, 2015 08:16 PM      Profile for John Semper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Doug, I'm looking to purchase or rent a Super 8 Sound Recorder. Would you have any interest in doing either with yours?

Thomas Dantona
Junior

- posted October 17, 2016 07:55 AM      Profile for Thomas Dantona   Email Thomas Dantona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, are you still out there?

I just posted the message below at http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002665#000010.

Let me know if you are interested.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have at least 800 feet of Super 8 Sound Fullcoat but sold the recorder/player long ago.

I would be happy to trade the fullcoat for an audio transfer of whatever is on these reels.

Please let me know if you have a recorder/player and are interested.

Thank you,
Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC