8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Toy T610, a Disaster (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Toy T610, a Disaster
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 09, 2015 04:43 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And so is Paul for that matter [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 10, 2015 12:19 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good boy Paul [Big Grin]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2015 01:46 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've had your projectors so long now Tom there part of the family, and more to the point mate, you use them on a weekly basis and I believe this makes a huge difference to any machine regardless if its a projector or anything else, keeping the works moving over this long time can only be good for it, your story proves this.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 10, 2015 04:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It does help to use your equipment regularly.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 11, 2015 05:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
100% accurate Paul.Especially the rubber components, they simply begin to rot, oil becomes gel and so on,anything mechanical needs to be used. I do rotate all our projectors to ensure they are used several times year, i have my main one which is used as mentioned.
A good example is my 16mm Eki NT1. We haven't touched it since 2008. As soon as i took it a couple weeks ago to get it all ready for selling etc it wouldn't turn the spools, all the belts were knackard, i replaced them, cleaned it right through,oiled or greased it and now its 100% again although i notice there is a little jump now and again when viewing, but yes protectors need using, cleaning and servicing. If its never serviced it will wear out the same a car would if it misses servicing. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 11, 2015 05:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Not so much " wear out "Tom, more a case of seize up mechanically. Also certain electronic components need regular use to keep them working and healthy like capacitors for example.

Anything made of metal in a mechanism, likes regular lubrication running by it and regular movement.
A little like the way we all do! [Smile]

An interesting point regarding large industrial equipment held in storage, is that much of it has a clock dial placed on the shaft ends of the main drive shaft.
It often has 12 sections split into the months of the year in the manner an analogue clock has,with the numbers one to twelve equally spaced.
Then on some part of the casing is an arrow or pointer,pointing to the months of the year sectors.
Each month the shaft is expected to be manually rotated by 30 degrees just to avoid "flats" forming on the bearings and to rotate the lubricant around the internal bearing components somewhat.

[ October 11, 2015, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 11, 2015 12:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, Hence why i always rotate my projecotrs, (except the 16mm) [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC