8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Filmguard - Usage (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Filmguard - Usage
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 13, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agre there rob. I rember applying 222 years ago to our copy of hannie caulder.you should have seen the two pure red stripe colours coming off.i thought i killed the film but 25 years on the same copy sounds as good now as it did then. It was just filthy.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2017 12:59 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've had the same sort of thing Tom and no harm was done, except that the film ran better. [Smile]

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2017 02:09 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often get a brown oxide residue on the cloth when using film guard. it does not seem to effect the sound.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2017 03:24 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you consider the length of the film and the thickness of the oxide (some reels I've got have length marking different for sound and silent films) the amount on the cloth shown is nothing compared to what is on the film. Nothing to worry about.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC