8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ray Harryhausen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ray Harryhausen
Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted July 25, 2016 01:23 PM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone help with a list of super 8 full features available where the special effect were by ray harryhausen. The only criteria is there available in full and english language

thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 25, 2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good thread but i can only start it off,
Jason and the Argonauts, (very hard to get full length due to a short run by Derann)
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad,
Valley of the Gwangi, (Rare but recently reviewed elsewhere)
The First Men on the Moon, (one for sale on this forum)
Clash of the Titans but only as a 3 x 400ft mini feature,
20 Million Miles To Earth, i think, i'm not too sure if there was a feature on this one, maybe someone can correct me please? [Wink]

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2016 03:31 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mighty Joe Young although only assistant to Willis O'Brien is recognised as most of the animation belonging to Ray 4x400 and full feature
One Million Years BC 4x400 abridged feature

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted July 25, 2016 04:57 PM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info chaps, I now have a good starting point

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2016 10:58 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Clash of the Titans as full length on I believe German or Italy Ebay. Screenshots looked good but faded. As far as I know 20 Million Miles To Earth was not available full feature only 400 foot which was well edited. Never heard of Valley of Gwangi full length.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 26, 2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valley of the Gwangi was a 3 x 400 release with German soundtrack, another collector did a very good review with screen shots & i have to say it looks like a superb cut down to and with excellent colour. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 26, 2016 10:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clash of the Titans was released on super 8, (by whoever), as a full feature. I believe it was pirate, but the image quality was OK.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC