8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 .......Affordable (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: GS1200 .......Affordable
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 31, 2016 07:36 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, these are a highly sought after lens in their best form.
Some i've heard are better than others, but when you find a really nice clean original example, I've heard people use expressions like Beautiful Sheen and Glistening Shimmery Picture to describe the resulting projected image.

I have a f1.0, 14-28mm Fujinon PJ Z that similarly just oozes quality.
It weighs around 3 times as much as other quality Super 8mm lenses such as the Schneider Xenovaron ones etc.

Phil really has landed on his feet here with this one!
[Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 01:28 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday , I spoke at phone with LEON (a long time ago I didn't practice my English language)......So it's like "riding a bicycle", first meters are difficult.
It was very interesting to speak with Leon , who is very patient !!

Anyway , in order to confirm what I understood , I write to him , joining some pictures to the letter

Andrew, is it something usually call "Kiss Landing" ??? [Big Grin]

[ November 01, 2016, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Phil Murat ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 04:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard that expression Phil, but it seems to fit the bill here, yes. [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2016 11:42 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

For information,just calling Léon Norris (He is fond of Derann Movies too), he is sending the Head Holder for me .

J had to pay by Post Money Order which involves extra fee from my side.

To Follow

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2016 01:49 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A question for Tom,

Hi Tom,

How many Shipping Time did it take to get the parts you order from Leon (USA) ?

NB
I sent you my Email on your Forum Box

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 04, 2016 03:20 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once they were posted in the US i think it was about 7/10 days. [Wink]

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 09:26 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elmo's Fan,

Just received "Heads Holder" from LEON (USA) and part now installed and adjusted.......
This is Night & Days !!! Easy threading, "Optical" Sound is back, smoother machine, no abnormal rubbing evidences.
I am happy with that.
Once more Thanks to LEON, he is great, highly recommended

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 09:37 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thumbs up Phil!
You could start a small business [Smile] Buying 'cheaper' GS1200's, fixing them up and reselling.
I would be your first buyer:)
I have worked my way up to the ST1200HD from the ST180...and I look forward to more bells and whistles to confused myself more with.
This machine looks great and this thread will come in handy for many others in future with the nice documented pictures and such.
Enjoy!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 10:02 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mathew,

Finding such projector for a bargain price is quite rare.....And As I like it, if I found an other machine , there is a high probability I keep it or..............If I found somebody owning Disney movies for an exchange.......Why not

But mathew, What is "Bells and Whistles" in this concept

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 10:53 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its an expression that describes something with every known extra available at the time of production. I'm glad you got it fixed Phil, its rare one for sure. Highly desirable Elmo. What Disney movies are you looking for Phil, pm if you want.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
indeed! Paul's definition is correct!
I know some french and am trying to think of how to say it in french but am unsure [Smile]
Maybe we make up a new expression in french
" tous les cloches et les sifflets" [Smile] maybe that sounds too wierd!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, Mathew

I understand "approximately", I can say , as I haven't found the equivalent French expression (if it exists) [Roll Eyes]

I don't know if you own an GS1200 too, but one of the reason for me to get it , is to experience a sound transfer from a computer.
A nice member from a French forum (an Electronical Expert) has sent me a schema to built a small device to be incorporated in the computer. The device has been seriously engineered and can be achieved for cheap money : This is a synchro converter, 1000hz to 25hz (size 70mm x100mm) , which allows computer to start projector and lock it at 25Hz. I am impatient to start the project. Normally, if the device is not disturbed by extra frequencies inside computer, the small card is supposed to stay inside. Only one Coax Shielded wire come out from computer.
However that needs a multichannel Sound Cards installed in the computer

To Follow

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 11:43 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An external sound card will do it Phil, via the usb port on your computer. I have used virtual dj for multiple outputs of turntables, which can play left and right channel for each deck, or separate mono channels of the same. You can create the 25hz square wave in audacity and save as a mp3 file, this can be played through one channel on virtual, leaving you free to use the other channels for sound, via the external sound card. The GS will start and stop with this setup too, one thing to watch is the internal sound card sample rate, this is sometimes not stable, a problem with dmx recently made this a pain to solve, an external dongle sorted this out though.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 12:07 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Paul, the system is based on equivalent principle you described.
A 1000 Hz sequence (45mn) has been generated with a very precise tool and has to be matched on sound sequences picked up from DVD (using Audacity).
The Synchro stability is perfect for one hour run.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2016 11:03 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul

PM sent !

Phil

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC