8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone 109D problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone 109D problems
Ronald J Wildhaber
Junior

- posted November 15, 2016 05:43 PM      Profile for Ronald J Wildhaber   Email Ronald J Wildhaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happily transferring 16mm and Super 8 film as Janice Glesser suggested by projecting on a piece of white paper. The results are turning out very good. Thank you Janice for the advice. I also have quite a bit of 8m film to do but my Keystone 109D will not pull the film on the take up reel, as it does not turn. This does not look like an easy fix. Any advice on this?? Thank you in advance....Ron

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 15, 2016 07:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ron...Have you removed the cover on the take up spindle and check the spring belt. You may want to add some more oil. Some the old lubrication can dry up. After adding some oil...manually turn the spindle to see if it will free up. You should also check the top supply/rewind spindle. There are 2 belts there. One is a rubber belt the other a spring belt. The rubber belt may be stretched and need replacing.

Also remove the outside lamp cover you will see the main motor belt behind the lamp housing. Check to see it it's turning. This has to turn, which then turns the spindles in forward...reverse....rewind.

[ November 15, 2016, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Chris Smart
Junior

- posted August 28, 2019 12:04 PM      Profile for Chris Smart   Email Chris Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for this tip Janice (found by forum search) I'm currently trying to disassemble my projector and can't seem to remove the motor casing. Will try your suggestion.

--------------------
csmart

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC