8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sanity clause. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Sanity clause.
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 08, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,

When's the next winter Olympics?

I want to go down that bobsled run 8 feet wide with stereo sound! (I will get goggles and a knit cap just for the occasion! -maybe bring the fan up from the shop!)

What's funny is there's this 16mm originated film I've always wanted to see as it was meant to be seen: projected. A friend of mine transferred it to DVD and dubbed a sound track. He managed to get all the jitter and dirt and other ancient film (1935) ephemera out of it.

-so I projected the DVD. It was like a drink of apple juice when I was expecting hard cider!

-Meh!

(Way too pasteurized!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 03:42 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife loves cooking, she will spend that much money to prepare one/two dishes. She bought a pressure cooker for hundreds dollar just to cook a half kilo meat once and forget it for a very long time.

One night she prepared a dinner. After a long process, I was so starving and finally said to her "the steak from the restaurant in the corner is taste better let us just buy from there. And we don't need to buy that pricey cooker".

She was mad.

In another night I invited her to watch my precious Super 8mm movie collection "Star Wars". I set up the small theatre, moved some furniture, cleaned the film before hand, and finally set up the projector. A minute before it started, I just realized this movie was in scope, so I hold a presentation for a minute or two, took my scope lens and got it ready. Voila!

Movie was now playing, but I found the focus was just not right, I said "Can I stop the film for a minute, dear". She nod, and quickly I ran to the projector and tried to find the best focus on the screen. It was really hard to get the right focus since I was using 1.0 Elmo main lens so it took 3 minutes.

Finally she got fed up and said "just turn on your DVD please, watch from TV"

And I got mad....

So...that is sane or insane clause? [Wink]

ps: I told many times here that for me collecting super 8mm film was not for enjoying the quality of pictures but more for my notalgic and sentimental reasons.

This is an hobby so is supposed to make us happy ...enjoy it. This will make our live even longer. The happiness
enzyme produced by our body will contribute to a longer live. Although the above story is fictional, but in 2011 I bought my Star Wars F/L for $150 when the market price was already $800-1000.... and this what make me happy. [Wink]

In reality, until now I just screened it once [Razz]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 03:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't do "fictional" here Winbert, only real life experiences!

If I had a film I'd only ever want to watch once, I wouldn't have ever even bothered buying it!!!

I've got films I have viewed literally hundreds of times.
They still look like new.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 04:28 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote from Andrew...."Video projectors are great if you want to watch a film"....hate to burst your bubble Andrew, but video projectors cant project film, only a film projector can do that [Cool] [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 04:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you gathered the point of the script Graham.

If you want to argue semantics, you'll beat me all day long Graham!!

What bubble btw? [Confused]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 04:36 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong thread Santa Claus 🎅🏾

6.99 billion people think Star Wars was crap are you sure I thought it was 7.2 billion.

1 billion Chinese like Man Utd says it all. Wait until they get our Wayne Rooney no Grannies will ever be safe from Shrek 🙀

Away to thrash me self with film leader 📽📽📽📽📽 or the joy.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 6.99 don't like Super 8mm.

The rest absolutely love it!😁😁

Oh the joy, makes far more sense if you're Wayne Rooney! [Wink]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 04:45 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well he is a Good looking boy from his face you would think he is not wearing any trousers If they send John Terry he will entertain their wives.

6.99 I definitely think you are telling porkies I want a full audit done by Price Waterhouse now they have free time from the Oscars.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 04:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife adores John Terry and Chelsea. It must be the "bad boy" in her ha ha.

6.99 billion, absolute up to minute statistics of the world's population who don't adore Super 8mm! Honest...as"they say"
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 04:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still in shock that someone here found "Star Wars" boring.... [Eek!]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 05:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It takes all kinds to make a world Graham as they say, and believe me, here alone, we see ALL KINDS! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:13 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't invite Terry around for a film show in the dark🤗🤗🤗🤗

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 05:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
He will be fine mate so long as I get some peace watching my Super 8mm! 😁😁

I'm 50 now, I was dancing and playing in nightclubs and doing rather well when he was born in the early 80s.

Each to their very very own, just give me time to watch them all 100 times eh Winbert!!😁

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:29 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well on the bright side you could have a permanent set up if she is distracted and if you ask him for £1000 pocket money every week you can buy all those 8mm features. Mind you there was a rumour he was bankrupt and a gambler.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's polite to never question another person's reasons and right to enjoy or dislike any film, book, music etc. and even more important not to tell them what to do with their hard earned cash.

As for the 'digital v cine what's best?' debate give me a break not that old one over and over again.

Can't we just enjoy the hobby in whichever way me prefer with no more preaching about what is right, wrong or otherwise?

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 05:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here here Kevin! [Wink]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:55 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, Kevin senility has set in with a few of these old boys and they can't remember the previous 1047 conversations. They just wonder why you are there in their living room talking to them from magic light box 😳😳 I blame the parents for it all plus too much red meat.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 05:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I love red meat!

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but you are supposed to cook it not eat it raw. Just think of all the E numbers you had from smarties when you were young. I see Nestle have reduced sugar content of their sweets by 10% no wonder they don't taste the same.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 06:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Smarties equally!

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 06:06 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know I have a four pack in the sweetie bowl. One sweet the females not seem to eat on me. Mind you the Mars pack is getting smaller or am I getting bigger😫😫

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 06:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm ????????

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 07:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my fictional story between my wife and I above, I just wanted to give a picture that somebody else may not understand the point of our hobby.

As Kevin wrote,

quote:
It's polite to never question another person's reasons and right to enjoy or dislike any film, book, music etc.(read: hobby)
To be honest, I would like to laugh loudly when findding someone talk to their flowers/trees....but I wouldn't dare doing that in front of these type of person. Not even say my wife steaks have worst taste than the restauran at the corner....especially in front of her [Big Grin] [Razz]

Enjoy your hobby ...no matter you watch your films for hundreds times or just to fill your shelf.

Watch or collect film whatever make you happy...Star Wars or Star Trek or even The Rose (here we go again!)

...IT DOESN'T MATTER! [Cool]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2017 04:30 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We seem to have went off on a slight tangent here chappies.

The hands on approach of the film collecting hobby and all that it entails is another matter.

For the record I don't eat red meat but love trees and like to hug them.

Yes I am one of a kind. I find 'Star Wars' boring and find those
Wooky , C3PO , and R2D2 characters very irritating indeed.
Darth Vadar and his asthmatic breathing bugs me too.

The acting is terrible and very wooden throughout.
What was Alec and Peter thinking of ?
They must have needed the money badly.

Even John William's plagiarised score does not save the
film for me.

So if we must have corny fodder give me the original
Flash Gordon serials from the 1930s any day.
At least it benefits from music by Franz Waxman and Franz Liszt.

Meantime I am sticking with my Sanity Cause.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2017 07:06 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So David, what you are saying is you don't really like it and the steel box Blu ray version I have for your Christmas present may not be such a great idea. [Eek!]

How about Empires Strike Back or Howard the Duck???

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC