8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Star Wars Japanese rarity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars Japanese rarity
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 20, 2017 09:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was astonished to see this on ebay. I wonder if it's the same edit as a Ken 400' release? I don't think I've ever heard of an optical sound digest of any title, so this makes you wonder what else may have been released in Japan.

www.ebay.com/itm/Supe r-8-optical-sound-color-Star-Wars-1977-400-w-orig-box-Japanese-subtitles-/122755013528?hash=item1c94c4db98:g:WosAAOSws8VZ4pt7

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2017 12:40 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are quite a few optical digests of non Japanese films that were released.

That Star Wars digest is the same as the Ken Films release. On the leader, it actually says Ken Films.There are a few other optical digests from Japan such as Way of the Dragon, Empire strikes back, the longest day, bridge on the river kwai, magic mystery tour, Emmanuelle, sound of music, Ben Hur, enter the dragon, etc.

There are just all of the Fujifilm released in Japan on 200ft or 400ft spools.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC