8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Canon S-400

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canon S-400
Robert Gutermuth
Junior

- posted October 26, 2017 10:02 AM      Profile for Robert Gutermuth   Email Robert Gutermuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I have a few Canon S-400 projectors that I love using as part of my video transferring business. I have many others too (chinon, Sanyko, etc) but for silent film, I love the Canon's

Anyways my question is this - on many or all of my units, even after I clean the glass on both sides, I still see greyish vertical lines/bars/streaks - in some cases they are light, in some cases they are more pronounced.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? could the blades of the shutter cause this? new bulb, lens is perfect (swapped them to be sure, no change) - I just want a nice uniform white screen!

Thanks to all of you! - looking forward to hearing back on your ideas, esp if you know this projector, and you understand what Im talking about

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2017 07:06 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert

Your answer may be found in this old thread from 2011..

Topic: Sankyo Dualux 1000 Image Vignetting. starring Janice....

You can soon look it up doing a search.

To sum it up though.....the cure is to replace the discolored glass heat shield with a new one or simply remove it altogether. If you do remove it then watch out for a burnt film frame if the projector stops with the lamp still on.

good luck with it...

dogtor frankarnstein [Smile] [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC