8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » RetroScan Universal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RetroScan Universal
Andre Pinto
Junior

- posted November 10, 2017 05:28 AM      Profile for Andre Pinto   Email Andre Pinto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

I'm currently working in a place (Videoteca - Arquivo Municipal de Lisboa) that has the RetroScan Universal Scanner, to make digitalization of 8mm and super 8mm.

However, during the time that we had spent on digitalization, we saw a "problem" on the movies. When the machine is on digitalization mode, in the screen preview we can see a small blur.

The problem is that when we turn the knob to change the focus manually the image is still not full focused, usually ONLY ONE of the sides is fine.

What will be the solution? I'm doing something wrong?
Maybe, is because the camera's lens is fish eye?

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 10, 2017 04:58 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andre and Welcome...

Moviestuff is probably a better resource to answer your question. There are a few members here that have these machines...but the real expertise is with the manufacturer.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Andre Pinto
Junior

- posted November 13, 2017 04:51 AM      Profile for Andre Pinto   Email Andre Pinto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick answer Janice!

I also email this text to moviestuff but, until now I got no answer!

Gregory Oliver
Junior

- posted February 03, 2018 11:29 AM      Profile for Gregory Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One possibility is that you need to move the vertical adjustment up or down to the next film frame. With 8mm I can chose one of 4 different frames in the viewing window and usually I center on the one in the middle.
Good luck!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC