8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Drive Motor (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Eumig Drive Motor
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 02, 2018 10:52 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having looked at one of my Eumig 800's I have concluded that Frank's fix is easier said than done.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2018 11:13 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank's method makes sense to me. It does however, look like it would be tough to get that spring out and then in again once it was shortened.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 02, 2018 04:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although Franks method makes sense, and it does, to increase the spring tension pulling the drive over onto those discs to overcome the drag.

But don't forget, that those two levers have four "elongated screw holes" for a reason. Eumig would have used them during assembly to align things up. That is why I would suggest adjusting things first to start with, as shown above, as its really a simple 5 minute job, and if that does not work then you could head down Franks path.

The question you always ask, is why like in Tom case one projector will give you trouble, while another wont. Considering all the parts inside the machines are the same, it really comes down to assemble at the factory and that's where you need to look at first...what did they miss? what did not get quite right? look at the simple stuff first [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC