8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » wanted young frankestein complete

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wanted young frankestein complete
Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2011 09:30 AM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can anyone find this complete or semi complete copy in super8? young frankenstein of mel brooks 1974

[ September 24, 2011, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Giuseppe Anaclerio ]

|  IP: Logged

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 06:44 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Giuseppe,

there is a print on eBay Germany at the moment: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Super-8-Film-Frankenstein-Junior-/270820383716?pt=DE_DVDs&hash=item3f0e271be4

I do also have one of these in my collection; it's a nice print, and it was also edited "with brains" [Wink]

Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 12:21 PM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh , ok ebherard but with abnormal or super brains? ahahah thank you, i have think about my request and have made an error, because i want the complete film and no the digest, excuse me from the error i can modify the post as soon.
your copy is more cut or is an almost everithing of the film?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 25, 2011 03:24 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I belive this was the only version availible. It was never availible in the UK however, i am pleased to also have this item in my collection and with help from members on this very forum i had a copy of thisfilm sent to me from Germany with a CD with an English soundtrack to match this version. The very great John Clancy Hosted me for an evening and with his GS1200 applied the English sountrack to my copy and 1st rate it is to.
Just to compliment this item, a few months later John saw a 100ft trailer advertised on a sales list and contacted me to alert me to the sale, i now also own this rare extra long trailer.
The feature would always be a great find but i ve never seen it on 8mm. Good luck though. [Wink]

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2011 10:46 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Giuseppe and Tom,

here in germany a full feature version was also available, but it don't come often. [Frown]

Ralf Hoff

Cine 8-16 - the magazine for film making and film collecting
http://www.celluloidfilm.de

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 25, 2011 01:34 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, ididnt know that, [Eek!] now that would be a good find!

Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2011 07:51 AM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes tom, i have see one of this copy in italy only one, but the seller ask for 350 euros, and for me it's a very high price for a super8 faded copy.but i say that the copy exist.now searching

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2012 11:07 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...just saw that a full length print of "Young Frankenstein" is on eBay Germany at the moment: Frankenstein junior 2x1200 ft

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2012 04:32 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom , saw your post, is there any chance of a copy of your cd for young frankenstein the sound track that is ?.I bought this a while back from a dealer in france and intended to over dub the germay sound track my self at some point.I too have the long trailer to this brilliant mel brook parody of the monster films, i'l pay any costs incured to yourself etc.This film was available from chc but without the sound in the full feature but prints were from germany , i missed one earlier in the year which was already dubbed into english.Fro blucker lol.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 03, 2012 10:22 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The tragedy is there was only one bid on the feature,we all know
it's a bitter pill to swallow on missing out,but the upside is, if
there's one, there's more.If I come across one Giuseppe, I'll
certainly let you know.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2012 02:53 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh , funny how things go isn't it , yes i was the only bidder and won !!!!!!!!!!. I was told there was interest from at lease several parties form across the globe . Oh well thanks every one for not bidding!!!!!. Sorry i couldn't resist.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 04, 2012 03:19 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Paul, you're the proud owner of a truly funny and
atmospheric film.There's got to be others though and if I hear
tell of one I'll let Giuseppe know, I know what it's like trying to
obtain that much wanted film.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 05, 2012 01:19 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice catch, Paul.

Tell me, do all of the Super 8 full versions of this have the title Frankenstein Junior ?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 05, 2012 02:35 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's just the German translation Michael, even so,it's
still a great piece of entertainment and there are bound to be
a few copies out there just waiting to be redubbed.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2012 02:40 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael , yes from what i'm told , the front credits on the feature do have this , its the direct translation from english to german probably.I'm not fussed though , and to my surprise it was a collector i've purchased from before , so the description is accurate . Once it arrive's i'll let you know and the real work starts in dubbing it back to english . Glad you sorted your computer problem , that dvd shrink is brilliant and free too , happy to help.

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2012 08:05 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and now there is also a 16mm full-length print in English language: [URL=http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUNG-FRANKENSTEIN-1974-MEL-BROOKS-GENE-WILDER-16MM-BW-CLASSIC-COMEDY-EXC-PRINT-/300790945624?_trksid=p4340.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CU RRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D7%26meid%3D2722934690438378576%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D1004%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D280937384290%26]Young Frankenstein 16mm[/URL]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC