8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Collectors Club KING KONG Reels 1& 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Collectors Club KING KONG Reels 1& 2
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody's looking ... [Big Grin]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KING-KONG-Super-8-8mm-Collectors-Club-Reels-One-Two-BEYOND-RARE-/251241620101?pt=US_Movie_Mixed_Lots_Other_Formats&hash=item3a7f2ae285

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 04:18 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inotice from the screen short, the print is very dark and muddy too.

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 04:43 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find myself standing corrected. My apologies Tim, I didn't realize it was your print. [Embarrassed]

PatD [Roll Eyes]

[ March 09, 2013, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 04:56 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't like the print, folks, don't bid. It's quite simple. It's mean-spirited to publicly criticise other members sales or auctions, in my opinion.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 05:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the seller is member of this forum?... [Confused] We obviously don't remember each one of you at Ebay.

Better for next time to start the topic with "I put my films on Ebay...if anybody is looking ....".

I believe no one is going to jump with a nasty comment (include me).

Sorry Tim...! but still the print is very dark [Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 05:17 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Auction even states film is dark.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 05:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember years ago Tim having this very print, long before
Mountain released the feature. The print I thought was good and
I had mine striped and recorded the sound onto it from a tape
bought from the USA. It is an excellent edit and a real collectors item.Good luck with your sale.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 06:17 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hugh! Do you know about what year Collector's Club released this? (King Kong on 2 reels) It seems very, very old to me. [Confused]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 06:19 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it might be worth saying digest in the title. I know it's stated in the text but being a Collectors Club release, I firstly mistook it for the first two parts of a feature release as I didn't know that they ever produced edited versions.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 06:21 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beleive there is a 4X400' release of the feature edited down slightly if i'm not mistaken. Good luck with the sale!
Austin

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 06:30 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea on listing it as a "digest" I'll fix that! I also dropped the starting bid. I have the Mountain releases (Battles The Monsters & Terrorizes NY) So I just don't need this.

BTW- I scored a bunch more German Japanese monster flicks I'll be listing on ebay as well!

If you guys are interested I have a FB page called "Collecting Super 8" It's NOT to compete with the forum here, just something I did for fun. [Big Grin]

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 06:34 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im curious to see what it sells for. [Smile] Hopefully you get what you were looking for.
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 06:51 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tim, the first time I came across a 2 reel version of "King Kong"
was when I seen it advertised in issue #2 of FXRH Magazine back
in '71.It really is a great edit of the film, and I was very fond of
my copy.So for a film that's over 40 years old, it is in suprisingly
very good condition.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 09:08 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck on your sale it is a real jem of a oldie. I have a real rare Ireland 3X 400 B/W sound version I love with the X rated Fay Ray and Kong strip part, and the natives getting smashed and eaten. It is very nice edit.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 09:28 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
i've never heard of any Irish prints Laksmi,are you sure it isn't
just the 3x400 edit of Mountains feature?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 10:18 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh is right, and some of us kids then even went to the trouble of making a sound track on cassette tape. Happy days Hugh!

Tim Collectors Club used the double 8 run negative to make those prints and the 2 reel version does not become available all that often. Nice little collectable film you have there and much fun for someone I am sure.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2013 11:05 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Hugh your right I bought it from some Leprechaun the 3x400 edit of Mountains feature. I ment that I got it in the land of the four leave clovers.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 02:38 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy days indeed Lee & Laksmi.I REALLY loved that little film,
my soundtrack was one of many purchased from a chap in
Levittown, Penns. and enabled me to have a two reel Kong with
all the great scenes in sound.I wonder where it is now?

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 04:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh

It's on EBay!

PatD [Wink]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 04:40 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat, thanks, that's exactly why we're having this little sharing
of thoughts on a very humble release that Tim is now selling.
I think mine was in a box of Castle/Ken 200's that I gave to my
mate's young son when he got his first projector.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 05:52 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh

Where's Cumbria? I will be in Kent April visiting family.

PatD

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 07:02 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat, you'll enjoy Kent Pat, known as the "Garden of England".
Cumbria is at the other end of the country from Kent, just on the Border of Scotland, opposite the Isle of Man on the West Coast,
Lake District country and very cold this time of year.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you happened to be following this auction don't despair! Decided to re-list Kong in a few weeks(I think!)when my next batch of Kaiju Super 8's arrive!

I'll be posting Son Of Godzilla, Godzilla VS. Megalon, Godzilla VS. Gigan and Reels 1,2 & 3 of King Kong VS. Godzilla. Less trips to the P.O. means less money spent on gas which means MORE movies! [Big Grin]

Tim

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2013 09:55 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kong has been re-Listed along with 2nd auction. ALL THREE 400ft reels of King Kong VS. Godzilla! [Big Grin]

Kong ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251246336861?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

KK VS. G ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251246354985?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC