8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 2018 wish list...updated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2018 wish list...updated
Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 12:51 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Laughs aloud. I am Seeking :
On the Waterfront : Columbia feature
Forbidden Planet Full feature: Red Fox Release
LPP African Queen: Derann Release.
The Quatermass Experiment, and
Dracula Prince of Darkness Scope Feature.
Return of the Jedi, Derann Scope Feature.
...If any member could offer help it would be appreciated.

[ March 22, 2018, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Burton Sundquist ]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 05, 2018 11:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, to find that "Forbidden Planet" would be SUCH a score!

Others could give better info, but wasn't this a print run of just 4 or so print, and these were even test print, by Red Fox films?

Could someone verify on that?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2018 03:16 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burton, it might be easier to find on the waterfront in 16mm. There are a few screen gem tv prints out there. I have one that I might let go of if you are interested.

[ February 05, 2018, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Jason Smith ]

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2018 12:30 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Osi, HI Jason, I know little other than Forbidden Planet was released as a full feature on Super 8mm. Searches on the forum indicate the same for On the Waterfront. Jason, your offer of your 16mm print is kindly appreciated, however I am not yet equipped to move into 16mm. Maybe some day...Best Regards. Burt.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2018 04:07 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Burton

Just to clarify Osi mentioned Forbidden Planet as a short run rare feature - with respect I think this is the fabled possible 'scope version he is referring to which either did not ever get printed by Red Fox or was a very limited print run of two or four. Most likely never printed but as with all super 8 you sometimes never can tell what is out there.

The Red Fox (and later Derann reprinted) features of Forbidden Planet are all 4:3 pan and scan prints and many were made but, as it is a desirable film, now they tend to stay in collections rather than resold.

I know Ian at Perrys Movies has sold at least six of these in recent years, mostly the Red Fox print which is the one to go for as it is on LPP stock and sharper with better colour grading from the prints I have seen.

I have (somewhere here) an odd reel of the feature - which includes the part where Robby The Robot makes the booze for the cook - if you would like it as souvenier of the feature let me know and I will watch it and give you a price.

Kevin

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin, I would surely be interested, even one reel would be a nice sampler to have. Thanks for the info on the Print as it shall be the Red Fox release I will look for.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2018 03:43 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red Fox Films never released Forbidden Planet in scope, only flat...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 12:57 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joe,
I knew there was no scope print from Red Fox, or any other distributor. It would have been a fantastic release.
On to point, I understand there was a Derann release of Return of the Jedi, Scope full feature. Another 2018 list title. For those interested sellers and collectors alike , I add this to the list .
Thanks to the members of the forum for helping me in 2017.

[ March 22, 2018, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Burton Sundquist ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC