8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Columbo / Quincy M.E. epsiodes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Columbo / Quincy M.E. epsiodes
Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2018 11:42 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If these we're ever released on either 8mm formats that is and if so does anyone have any they are willing to part with or know where I could find them?
PM if you do please:)

Thank you,

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 07, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Can,

These sound much more likely on 16mm.

I really like Jack Klugman, but he will forever be Oscar Madison to me. It's just so hard to juggle the concepts of "Oscar Madison" and "Doctor" behind that same face.

-given the "Oscar Madison" level of "antiseptic", of course he'd wind up as the Coroner! [Wink]

Columbo on the other hand is nearly perfect!

"-ahhhhhh...just one more question if you don't mind...something I'm not quite clear about maybe you can explain..."

-eventually the suspects confessed just to shut him up!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2018 01:23 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know one episode of Columbo.

It's the first one ( with Lee Grant, I think ).

It's a italian print.

So, perhaps, searching on eBay.it

Good luck.

JC.

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2018 05:34 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve I would love to own either one of those show's episodes on 16mm if possible.

Love them both. Comfort T.V. as I like to say, no matter what day, what I'm doing if it's on T.V. I'll stop and watch.

I recently went through the entire five seasons of the Twilight Zone and was surprised to see Jack Klugman in a few episodes and he was great in them.
Same with Peter Falk, he was some revolutionary General in a made up South American country. Both great actors.

Haha exactly. Columbo always played "dumb" but all along he knew what he was doing and eventually he always gets his man/woman. I've rewatched Columbo season 1-7 at least 3 times. The latter seasons 8 on wards just never felt the same.

Well I'll keep on searching and hopefully come across some.

Thanks,

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 08, 2018 07:05 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Columbo as well. A serie called "Madame Columbo" has been brodasted on French television many years ago. As the title suggests, the wife of the famous detective was the main character of this American serie and Monsieur Columbo never appeared (to mirror the original Columbo). Only one season was shown so I have no idea if it has had success or not in the US and in other countries.

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2018 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Steve, more likely on 16MM, but was surpried to hear about that Italian print.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 10, 2018 03:23 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found Madame Coumbo's story. Saddly the serie did not encounter a big success https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Columbo

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC