8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Exorcist -3x400' SOLD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Exorcist -3x400' SOLD
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 03:01 PM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom Leon has come through for Evan, which is great.

I too think it was just a slip up.

Film can be a fickle old business with some stocks.

Everyone knows what Leon does for the hobby, so I thought he would.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats good news.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 05:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news [Smile]

Mark are you sure its for the film, as I have only read it as an offer to exchange the parts.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right Graham , sorry its my post stroke bonce again !!!

Fingers crossed that will include the film.

Best Mark.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 08:09 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
You misunderstood I was saying the seller should satisfy the buyer and come to a mutual satisfaction. The seller is burning bridges with you. No one wants to buy or do business in situations like this. I hate the whole as is no refunds. Always good to pay goods and services.

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 10:03 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing has changed. Leon is firm that this item was sold “as is”
According to him, no returns/no refunds
The second print mentioned is Leon’s personal print.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 01:48 AM      Profile for Mark Mander   Email Mark Mander   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan,
Surely he realises you bought it on his description and the private message stating no red at all would have sealed the deal,what a great way to do business,unfortunately this is happening more and more,it's not just the money but the disappointment and the hassle in most cases sending it back, some sellers on ebay don't know what they have as it's untested so you do take your chances but in this case no excuses.

Would you have bought it knowing the print now?,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 15, 2018 02:23 AM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I think thats very sad Evan, its a shame when money becomes god so to speak.

I always bemoan the rising prises in films as it seems to lead to a seller over expectation, which seems to lead to an errosion of goodwill somehow.

Money gets the better of people rather than wanting to do what is right and fair.

$125 plus post is an awful lot of money for a 3 x 400 film in any order, even with really good LF colour.

But a film looking like this should be value less, a give away, or very cheap goodwill enjoy it item.

Well Evan I am very sorry, and so are other people. Try to put it in the past, and make sure you see some screen shots on any films in this price bracket in future with a what screen size please too.

Film seems to have a crazy, compulsive, and driven element for a lot of us.

16mm really does seem to be slowing back to more sensible levels overall now, bar the odd daft feature, hopefully super 8 will too.

My best wishes and forward to better things, Mark.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2019 06:56 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld   Email Oliver F. R. Feld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan
I wanted to send You a mail but Your mailbox is full
Please send me Your E-Mail address
Regards
Oliver

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 07, 2019 11:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage   Email Osi Osgood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom ...

Either you knew what to look for, (good film stocks), or you just have had incredibly grand good luck with you're purchases through-out the years. Very good colour for that title!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 07, 2019 01:12 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a lot of my films are pure luck but also i am very fortunate to have a dedicated room for all my films and its constantly cool all year round and no windows, so permanently dark. No sunlight at all. In the summer evenings, (especially last year), when it gets very hot, it's the perfect place to cool down with a movie or two.
I am only guessing that these conditions are pretty good for cine films. We still have our fair share of films showing signs of fading and we will continue to sell these on now and hopefully, make some cash for other titles that havnt faded .

As it happens, the one thing i do have to watch for in this particular room, is humidity, it.'s an odd one because on a crisp clear winters day and night the humidity is below average, as soon as it rains outside or is grey and dull it goes into the 60s on the metre.Even with central heating this only improves it until the dry weather yet the room is dry, carpeted and regularly cleaned throughout. All that said, after 20 years here i dont appear to have had too many problems with the equipment or stocks. [Wink]

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 03:31 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way I see it is Leon should sort this as soon as possible as his reputation is now in tatters, who on earth would buy anything from him?

Plus I've known Evan for quite a while now and consider him to be a friend, one of the nicest people you could speak too.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage   Email Osi Osgood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well done, Tom!

The perfect "recipie' for storing films. the only thing i would add is getting some of those "selica gel" packs and placing them in with you're films, to keep humidity from you're collection.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 08, 2019 06:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've deleted a post here that quotes from a Private Message. A PM is a private conversation and may not be quoted unless the author has given permission.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 09, 2019 12:59 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin clarke very kindly sent me a number of the silica gel packs so they are already in place.

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2019 03:14 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate everyone's support in the thread. As you can all tell, there has been no response to this issue with the seller, who stated "sold as is." No point in beating a dead horse I suppose. At least everyone can be weary enough to ask for screen shots of "good color" prints from him, or stay away otherwise.

It's a shame when you can't trust an individual's word who otherwise had a good reputation in the hobby.

Thanks again everyone!

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 09, 2019 04:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a thought, a PM sent on here or any other website is, i assume, a PM, should this this one be deleted also,

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001917

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2019 08:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I was referring specifically to private messages sent via this Forum, which is my only concern here.

Doug

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 05:43 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't personally touch his stock with a barge pole and anyone who deals with this guy after this debacle deserves all they get..

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 06:28 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Evan , WHO is a Dead horse? I am not going to stoop to your sorry level! But I will if I have to that's my Reply!

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 07:35 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not name calling Leon. The phrase “to beat a dead horse” actually means to waste energy on a lost cause or unalterable situation. I hope that clarified it for you.

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 07:38 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon a dead horse is the issue, namely your refusal to admit it's a red print. Have you never heard of this expression?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 10, 2019 08:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beating a dead horse: to keep talking about a subject that has already been discussed or decided.

There was nothing insulting in Evan's use of this phrase.

I'm closing this thread. The outcome should have been different.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC