8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » GS1200 Xenon on Ebay for sale (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: GS1200 Xenon on Ebay for sale
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 19, 2010 02:42 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you are ready to wait for many months, I may repaint the lids for you...
Thanks Ugo,

The machine is in Indonesia, while I am now in Canada. I can only enjoy it through the series of photo taken by my brother... [Big Grin]

quote:
Winbert, I gave a look to the photos of your ugly GS. I think will be impossible to save the serigraphies...
If I need to sand-paper completely the original paint then I have to think if there is such way to put the writing back into the machine after re-paint it.

At this time what I can think is to take the zoom photo of that writing, print it and cut the writing in small pieces. It will be glued back to the machine after completely getting re-painted. I will give a finish with transparent colour (spraying), so it is like to laminate the paint and protect the print paper from getting peeled of. What do you think?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 02:53 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 're-manufacture' Elmo is the one for me, Ugo. Even if it is months ahead. I love the idea that you are to strip it right down in electronic and mechanical components. To be as near new as possible and with improvements also. Two-bladed shutter, etc. And a custom paint-job to mark it out as something different? I don't think I need a xenon actually, the halogen model would be great with a two blade shutter. Latest version possible. I am definitely a customer, Ugo! I understand it will not be cheap. But if it really is 'as good as new' and better spec too I would very much like to be the owner of 001...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 02:42 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
At this time what I can think is to take the zoom photo of that writing, print it and cut the writing in small pieces. It will be glued back to the machine after completely getting re-painted. I will give a finish with transparent colour (spraying), so it is like to laminate the paint and protect the print paper from getting peeled of. What do you think?

It's way...but you have to glue a paper of the same dimension of the face where the writing is, otherwise you will have thin steps around the writing...
Other way is to print the writing by a pad printing machine.
pad printing machine example

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 09:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still taking advantage of this thread.
Lamp finally ordered, Steven. I want to thank you one more time.
Ciao e grazie mille.
GIAN

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 09:44 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
You're welcome once again.
Are they still $200? Or has the price gone up?

BTW will you be in London for the BFCC? I'm heading over again this year - hope to meet more of the European collectors (met a bunch of guys last year!)

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 04:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Steven, how are you?
The update price is $230. Still very good, so. And I confirm they are VERY friendly and kind.

I'm planning to be at the BFCC. So there will probably the possibility to meet personally there.

Take care. Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC