8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » WANTED Elmo F1.0 LENS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED Elmo F1.0 LENS
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 02:06 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for a Elmo 1.0 Lens. Anyone have one they want to sell?

onedelorean@yahoo.com

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 04:38 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still available the superb f1.2 all glass long focus lens

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002149#000000

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 01:16 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, only looking for the Elmo F1.0 Lens.

David Donaldson
Junior

- posted August 04, 2013 01:20 AM      Profile for David Donaldson   Author's Homepage   Email David Donaldson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you clarify? f1.0 implies no loss of light whatever? Can you give me a link to this marvel? Seriously, would like info about it.

--------------------
filmart-dd

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 04:09 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As i understand it, the 1.0 lens does have the very best light output but the 1.1 has the slightly sharper image,

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 04:09 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As i understand it, the 1.0 lens does have the very best light output but the 1.1 has the slightly sharper image,

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 10:15 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not my experience Tom. My f1.0 is noticeably brighter and much sharper than my f1.1.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 12:30 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1.1 is a little easier to focus but the 1.0 is brighter and definitely sharper. Depending on the print it maybe hard to tell sometimes but I tested it against the 1.1 using the SMPTE test film and the 1.0 is sharp across the entire frame. It is really a beautiful lens and very much worth the upgrade. The 1.2 is very , very sharp as well...even sharper than the 1.0 I think but you have to be pretty far from the screen to get a nice size image.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 03:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahh, in that case thats two of us looking for one, [Wink]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 08:58 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, if you search ibcinema.com , there is a guy there with several fumeo super 8 machines and experience of testing a range of lense's for his collection . In the article on the fumeo 9145 , he state's that after tests he did on a like for like basis, the elmo 1.2 lens as advertised by paul is the best lense of all he tested ,but unfortunately did not fit his fumeo. I too have this lens for use with my gs and its as good as the f1.0 and as sharp.So gentleman, the choice as they say is yours .

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC