8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FOUND ThX Janice!! Sears/B&H Spindle Adapter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOUND ThX Janice!! Sears/B&H Spindle Adapter
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 08:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need the spindle adapter that enlarges the spindle from 8mm to super 8mm reel for a sears model 485. I don't want the one that goes into the reel. If anybody has one off a parts unit I will buy it. Thanks in advance.

PatD

-

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 23, 2016 01:08 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Pat trying to find one of those spindle adapters....I use a reel adapter on mine. However.... I did find a guy in Canada that makes an adapter with a 3D printer that looks promising. He says he will make it to order. Might be worth looking into [Smile]

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271148707/super-8-reel-adapter-projector-spool?ref=market

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 03:20 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Janice

You are right. I went to his site and bought one. Only 3.99 +2.32 shipping. Thx for the info!

PS Please keep me updated on your sons career!

PatD

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 23, 2016 10:27 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat...I only said this design looked "promising". I think I would have contacted the guy first to see if the hole of the adapter will fit onto a Bell and Howell hub. Also...the adapter I use has flexible plastic and tiny round nubs on the outer portion that keep the supply reel from coming off the hub. Standard reel adapters work, but generally stay wedged in the reel when it is removed and don't stay on the reel hub.

Here's a pic of what I have. You can see that the outer end of the adapter are designed like little fingers to expand and then fit snuggly over the reel hub.

-

[ March 23, 2016, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 02:33 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The design is perfect. I can always make adjustments. Also, I got an email from him, that price was for 3 adapters! [Eek!]

Thx again

PatD

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 23, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Let us know how they fit and if you had to make any adjustment. I think many of these dual format B&H/Sears model projectors have the same reel hubs and most have missing adapters.

--------------------
Janice

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 31, 2016 12:29 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan

A perfect fit. No adjustments at all.

-

-

-

-

Thanks for the lead!

PatD

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 31, 2016 01:59 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These things are always missing when you buy a used projector. So as Jan did, I shared the info for other collectors. [Wink]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 31, 2016 02:48 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perfectmundo Pat!!! Thanks for the update. This is good news!

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC