8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » [SALE] Lot#2 Brand New Elmoscope lens (NOS) eqv Sankor 16D in OB

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [SALE] Lot#2 Brand New Elmoscope lens (NOS) eqv Sankor 16D in OB
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 15, 2016 09:00 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three weeks ago I put a listing here for 3 Elmoscope lenses in new old stock (NOS) condition. I sold all three while I got many responses.

I have to let go my fourth lens that was previously meant for my projector.

Now I am selling another 4 Elmoscope lenses which has code #1280.

They have similar condition with the lenses I sold before. They have no scratch at all to the body and the lens. There might be a small fungus or fleck as they have been in box for years, but that should be able to get cleaned and/or will not distract your screening.

I am using this lens, as well as several members in this forum who have purchased from me. I can enjoy the lens without need to do any cleaning. I must say that I did not see anything on my screen.

The quality of the lens really blew my eyes just par with ISCO that I have, here is the comparison:

-

The Elmoscope lens produce very sharp and clear. According to this super8wiki, this lens is eqv. to Sankor 16D: http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Anamorphic_Lenses

This comes with original box in very good condition and manual book. The lens still have both front and rear caps as pictured. Lens body is super clean.

This lens can be screwed directly to the prime lens of Elmo 16CL (no bracket is needed) and other projectors that can take 52mm rear barrel diameter. Otherwise for other 16mm projectors you need a bracket designed specifically for your projector. There is no bracket included in this sale.

As many members have said here, this can also be used with any 8mm projectors (with bracket). Therefore I also post this in 8mmforum sale forum.

Just for your own idea, the very Elmo scope lens was just recently sold in Ebay for EUR 190 (eqv. £170 or US$220 or AU$285 or CA$280). Do remember, this Ebay price does not include the shipping cost yet that can be really enormous for non EU states as this is a heavy item. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ELMOSCOPE-Anamorphic-1280-ELMO-16-CL-16mm/331882455333

As you can see from the above link, this is a second hand scope lens and the OB is ugly. Mine is a NOS with very good box.

Now for the price, I am not looking for that price, since I am only helping.

Here we go:

UK = £160
European Unions = EUR 189
United States = US$ 209
Australia = AU$ 284
Canada = CA$ 286

Even my price with is still cheaper with the above Ebay's price.

I can take only paypal as the method of payment. The Western Union or Money gram type of payment can be used but must be discussed first.

PM me through my email winbert (at) hotmail (dot) com.

ps: Insurance is extra for the above (lens + shipping) costs. Should you want to be insured, please ask, and this means I cannot mark down the invoice. In other words, you understand that you must pay the import duty per regulation in your respective countries.

Here is the pictures of the lens:

This is what I got

-

you will get Scope lens, and both caps

-

And pictures below to see how clean is the lens

Front

-

-

Rear

-

-

Lens Body

-

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!

Cheers,

[ May 05, 2019, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2016 11:52 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have sent a pm Winbert to you, this lens works also with the GS lens, my isco was showing slight distortion at the extreme edges, this captures every bit of the output, even with the long throw GS 25- 50 mm f1.2.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2016 02:50 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both the Elmoscope lenses and they are great. The longer barrelled one pictured above needs a longer throw - about 15ft plus for super 8 - so fair warning. But great quality. My throw is only 12ft so I have limitations.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2016 03:02 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible, Winbert, nicely done.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 16, 2016 03:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please be understood this is a brand new lens. When you put a brand new lens in front of your projector, you will straight away see the different between your old lens vs this new lens. Lens for me is just like human eyes, i. e they have certain age. The older is the weaker.

Anyway, I got 2 persons interested to buy, so there are 2 lenses left now.

I wish I could send them all together in one go to the Post Office next Monday. [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 11:23 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 05, 2016 12:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok one for William. So now I have only one left.

As I am moving out to New Caledonie in this mid of Oct, this sale is going to be closed down in 7 days to go.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 11:31 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lens I received from Winbert is superb, I can heartily recommend these to anyone looking for a top quality 'scope lens for Super 8 and 16mm.

Kevin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 10, 2016 01:40 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Kevin for you positive feedback.

However I received a sad news yesterday that the owner of the shop has just passed away.

The store is now always closed due to no other the late owner's relatives have the idea about the stuff inside the store.

I have talked with his son, and told him that I knew what I was looking for and knew where the late put those lenses inside the store.

So this Friday will be my last chance, if he is willing to open the door for me, I will grab whatever the lenses available there.

I knew that he still have about 5 Elmoscope lenses more. Two have been booked for William Flemming and Jon Driscoll both members of this forum.

If there are still more interests on to this lens, please express it now since I am afraid this will be my last chance to visit his store.

--------------------
Winbert

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 09:19 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using 35mm Isco scope lenses for years on my super 8 projectors. I designed a cradle the lens sits on and it simply slides in and out switching between the formats. The lens is so huge by it'sself it does not attach to the projector at all.

As for the focus it is possible to get it nice and sharp. You just have to tinker with it based on throw distance to get it right.

While this sale has been done, I do have a few of Isco lenses available if anyone wants to try it. Contact me privately as to avoid using this post and we can set it up. I will provide only the lens for a price. You will take care of everything else to make it work.

Chip G

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 06:28 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, I have sent you an email.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC