8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Fifth Element, Stereo/Scope 400 foot.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fifth Element, Stereo/Scope 400 foot.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 30, 2013 01:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never really been to sure about this item, i bought it a while ago purely as an addition to my Scope collection. This is mainly an extract with no titles just the Columbia opening then straight into the movie, This extract opens with a "contained" humoind known as "Leeloo" (Milla Jovovich). Terrified of her unfamiliar surroundings, she breaks out & escapes confinement and jumps off a ledge to land in the flying taxicab of Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis), a former major in the Special Forces. its pretty much action all the way).
The chase is on as the Police try and capture Leeloo, As they take off so begins the pursuite & with good use of the scope screen, this extract finishes as abruptly as it started but it certainly has great quality ,(if slightly dark), excellent colour and good stereo sound, this item is approx 15 minutes long, around 330ft, No end title at all [Mad] , i suspect one or more further releases were going to be attempted by Derann, It's such a pity as one more 400 footer would have made this a good long cut down & would have made a more coherent story.
As it stands this item can only be taken as nothing more than an extract and if like me, you have never actually watched the feature film you can only guess at the rest. I would definatly recommend this as an excellent support programm to any Sci-fi feature you were going to show. So far as i can make out this reel seems to be quite rare these days.
 -

-

-

-

[ July 31, 2013, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 02:25 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the review. I would love to get my hands on this reel. I wish I ordered it from Derann when they were still around:-/

I've always wondered how much of the film is on the reel. Glad to get an idea.

I've seen the film so many times, I've lost count. Plus many of the friends I'd share it with a major fans so they won't have any issues following it. If anyone has one they're looking to sell, you have a guaranteed sale with me!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:47 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually walked on the set of this film when I was at Pinewood Studios back in 1996. It was the set used towards the end of the film of the hotel when all the explosions were going off. I was able to walk right onto the set after filming was done and I could see some of the burn marks where the explosions went off.

Then on the other side of the sound stage was the spaceship which was actually built of plywood. Amazing how the camera gets fooled.

PatD

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 03:23 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, how much of the stunts in this scene were performed by Bruce Willis?

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 05:47 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I can tell you that it was him swinging off the balcony. The rest I don't know.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 08:13 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if he did just that, it is still cool.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 01:08 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the flying car on display that was used at the Cannes Film Festival the year it came out . And went to a party that the producers through on a boat.  -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 04:12 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speechless, Laksmi.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 04:39 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me too

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 06:38 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] You lucky guy

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 07:21 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, what is your secret? is it your aftershave??

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 04:51 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me guys, I don't know the lady. Who is it?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 02:17 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She is a very famous French actress you would not know if you were not into French films. Here is a picture of me with the Flying car .  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 03:26 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi forget the car, post some more pics from Milla Jovovich

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 07:16 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi I wouldn't be surprised to see you driving around in that car one day, sitting next to Halle Berry or Sylvester Stallone!

James.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better still, send us a bottle of the after shave. [Smile]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 05:04 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I ran out of the after shave.

[ August 04, 2013, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 03, 2013 11:04 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures, however the topic is a review of The Fifth Element. Let's stick with that, please.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC