8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Partly Cloudy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Partly Cloudy
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2014 04:14 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ran this great new release from Classic Home Cinema titled Partly Cloudy,a Pixar short about how the Storks deliver babies (which we all knew) but what we didn't know was that the clouds sculpt the babies and bring them to life. One cloud it seems only gets to make the more dangerous creatures and obviously the stork has to think of ways to handle them without getting hurt with very funny concequences.

As always these shorts are very well written and amusing and are normally shown before the main feature which in this case was UP in 2009. Runs for approx 6 minutes.

On polyester stock with a single soundstripe which is a shame as i do like to re-record them into stereo but the mono sound is very good.Picture quality is very good also.

Available from CHC £45,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2014 04:42 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am anxiously awaiting my copy from The Reel Image. I find this short amusing as well [Smile]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2014 04:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like one for my Christmas wishlist Mark. I do like the Pixar shorts they look stunning when projected digitally or on super 8 as we all prefer. Just wish the features could be had as the only Pixar feature I own on 8 is Toy Story which is fantastic with a bright lamp behind it. I'd love to see it projected with a Xenon or HTI machine.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 15, 2014 12:47 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CHC new releases are literally flying out the door as I witnessed in the shop and the new Bond pre credit sequence was selling like hot cakes Mark. Good to see new super 8 prints selling quickly.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2014 02:53 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes glad they are selling well Lee, some good releases from CHC and more to come, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 15, 2014 10:38 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's intriguing and very welcome news that CHC new releases are selling well. I wonder if this will prompt Phil to say something more upbeat than usual about sales!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC