8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » northwest film fair convention blackpool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: northwest film fair convention blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The north west film fair convention will be held at the cliffs hotel blackpool on sunday the 18th november
i have decided to go a week later as i have had over 30 emails to change the previous date as it clashed with remberance sunday .i hope every one can make it this year as it will be bigger and better than ever .any comments re this film fair can contact me through the forum or email me on dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk
thanks for your support regards david

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2012 04:18 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb news! I'll be there!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 07, 2012 05:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news for me David as I do the PA gear for the local remembrance service so won’t have to get cover this time round.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 08, 2012 11:06 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent decision! Let's hope it brings another 50 through the doors!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2012 12:57 AM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if I can make it this year,but I will try.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2012 02:58 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re the north west film fair convention .all through the month of november the cliffs hotel have informed me that they will be all inclusive .and after speaking to the hotels manager all rooms are getting booked up fast. so if you want to stay at the cliffs dont leave it till the last minute i suggest you book asap . alternative accomadation can be found at For anyone staying over on the Saturday night at The Croydon Hotel next to the Cliffs only has a number of rooms left now for fellow film collectors so if you intend to book please do so quickly. Telephone: 01253 352497 12 Empress Drive, Blackpool FY2 9SE
any one who wants more details can email me or see me on sat at farnworth film fair where i will be visiting thanks david

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2012 01:14 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the incredible bargains I picked up last year I would not miss it!

Truly excellent convention last year, many thanks to David. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Cliff's is a lovely Hotel, with nightly entertainment and an excellent swimming pool with gym facilities & sauna to balance out the fine evening dining and full English breakfast!

Not to mention the many other attractions in Blackpool !!!

That's why for me It's well worth the long trip up from down south and why to avoid disappointment I booked up for the weekend as soon as I heard the dates.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2012 08:12 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re northwest film fair fair at cliffs hotel blackpool .i have several emails asking me when i will be sending out booking forms for stalls .i will be sending them out 1st week in september .dealers wanting wall spaces will be allocated on a first come basis as there are only few wall spaces available .i have had 2 bookings up to now both requesting wall spaces .so if you want a wall space get in quick ,to avoid dissapointment i am expecting more dealers this year due to lots of enquires re the film fair .i can be contacted by phone or email dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk .tables are all 8ft long and you can request as many as you want .1 table £45.00 2 tables £85.00 .3 tables £115.00 .there will be power points for wall spaces ,but only limited power points for centre tables spaces .thanks david

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2012 04:16 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re northwest film fair i have several cheques sent to me over the last couple of days for stalls at my film fair .wall spaces are being allocated on a first come first seved basis .i advice that you get booked in if you want a wall space ,my email os dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk thanks david
stalls are £45.00 each.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 17, 2012 03:46 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pleased to announce that a Saturday night (17 November) dinner is now definitely going ahead, so I'm accepting firm bookings. It's at the Savoy, just a few yards along the shore from the Cliffs. It will be a three course meal followed by coffee and the price is £19. The evening will conclude with a film show lasting around an hour and there will also be a 15 minute live entertainment spot featuring Lee Mannering and his Ukelele! Lee appeared in Alan Parker's 'Bugsy Malone' and more recently in ITV's 'Ade In Britain'. There will also be a quiz and possibly a raffle (although not on the scale of Derann's) with a new Super 8 trailer as one of the prizes.

I think I'll call it the Northern Film Collectors' Dinner, partly to connect to its history, but also to try and save David Guest from receiving enquiries about it, which might happen if it was called (e.g.) the 'North West Film Fair Dinner'. But the idea is to make Blackpool as successful as possible by giving people every incentive to come along and make a weekend of it. Please contact me direct for more information on booking.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2012 05:12 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic news about the evening meal .i have had 6 book wall spaces now and paid .anyone wanting a wall space best be quick as these are going fast .wall spaces are on a first come first served basis .when there gone stalls will be available in the centre .stall enquires contact me on 07931 926550 or email me on dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk thanks david

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2012 04:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am now in process of sending out booking forms for my northwest film fair at the cliffs hotel blackpool to my previous dealers .anyone wanting a wall space best be quick as these are on a first come basis email me on dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk or tel me on 07931 926550

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2012 05:02 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just spoken to David who tells me 11 stalls have booked in and he's getting new enquiries every day. Last year's event was unmissable and this year's promises to be easily as good, if not better!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2012 02:49 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have now got 25 tables booked in now and new enquires are coming in daily .there will be a 16mm film show as well as 9.5
also a auction and not forgetting the bring and buy .i full list of dealers will be posted shortly .as well of the list of films being shown .dont miss it 18th nov cliffs hotel blackpool doors open at 10 am
i have a few tables left book now or you will miss it

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2012 11:49 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of listing the dealers attending? I haven't been for a couple of years so hope to visit this year.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2012 07:51 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, as I said in a different post, now that we have Ealing in October & Blackpool within 3 weeks, might be worth considering moving Blackpool in the spring, IF that's not an issue. As Ealing can't be moved earlier in the year I thought I'd ask about this. Of course I'll attend whenever it's held, but still might be a thing to think about--if you can & if other members would agree...

--------------------
Yannis

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2012 04:08 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re blackpool i have no intention of moving from the month of november as its always been in november plus i am far to busy to have it any other month .i dont think that there are lot of public who come from ealing to blackpool .derann started one up in birmingham many years ago to attract dealers and public from ealing but this was short lived so all in all i thinks its best to keep going with a month that suits everyone .lookforward to seeing you on the day

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2012 03:38 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better to keep the legendary Blackpool event in its traditional month me thinks.
David, I also got asked to shift the East Lancs event last year from April to Oct which would be nothing short of bonkers so the East Lancs Film Fair will also be staying in April as planned.

The most important thing is to actually move bums off seats and come along to the event. [Cool]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2012 05:05 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi lee i totally agree with you re blackpool i have already moved up a week a later as people kept asking me that they could not make it due to remberance sunday .it will be intersting if the people who asked turns up.i know who they all are .wont be long now .just finished writing my speech will be be at 11am .a full programme of dealers and events whats going on will be published shortly by don

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2012 10:27 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only one week left until this event. ALWAYS outstandingly good and ALWAYS a bargain to be had. Do not miss this one!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 11, 2012 10:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it reservations or can you just drop in?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2012 05:45 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
every one welcome not long to go now dont miss doors open 10 am

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2012 03:50 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DEALERS HERE TODAY
Classic Home Cinema. Super 8 / 16mm Film +Accessories
Dave Guest. 16mm Film & Projectors + Accessories
Lee Mannering. Super 8 / 9.5mm Sound / 16mm
jim and ann mcgovern . 16mm Film
Paul Wooding. 9.5mm / 16mm Film
Tony Hutchinson. 16mm Film
Brian Lancaster. Used Equipment
Tony’s Classic D V D’s
Peter Churchill 16mm Film
Ashley Swaine 16mm Film
Danny Mcloughin. 35mm&16mm Film + Projectors
Paul Mellor. 16mm Film
Sam Lavington 16mm Film.
Keith Ashton. Super 8 Film
GlynnJones. 16mm & Super 8 Film.
Alan Abbotts. Super 8 Film.
Alan Collins. Super 8 Film + Projectors.
david eve 16mm film and projecters
ralph 35mm film and accesories
THIRTY DEALERS TABLES

ENLARGED BRING & BUY

GIGANTIC AUCTION

FOUR BIG FILM PRESENTATIONS

TWO SUPER 8 FILM PRESENTATIONS
ALL THE LATEST SUPER 8 RELEASES.

ONE 16MM FILM PRESENTATION.
(THE MOVIES LEARN TO TALK)

SPECIAL DEMONSTRATION OF
KINEMACOLOUR ON 9.5mm.

BIG FREE RAFFLE
FULL DETAILS OVERLEAF

10.00am. In the Dealers Room…… Meet the Dealers, Meet old friends…..

10.45am. In the Dealers Room. Dave Guest’s SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

11.00am. In the Cinema. THE SUPER 8 SHOW. Including,
SKELETON FROLIC, UB Iwerks Cartoon. MOVIETONE NEWS,
1937. JAMES BOND TRAILERS, Roger Moore. CLASSIC
NOSTALGIA, Adverts & Trailers. Etc.
Presented by Bob Nicholls.

12.00pm. In the Cinema. THE 16mm SHOW. The Movies Learn to Talk.
Including, THE JAZZ SINGER, 1927. Al Jolson, Extract. THE
HOUSE OF FRANKENSTIEN. 1944. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.
Roger Moore Extract. HOLIDAY. British Transport Films.
Presented by Don Sykes

12.35pm. Lunch Break.

1.30pm. In the Cinema. SPECIAL PRESENTATION. KINEMACOLOUR
on 9.5mm Film. Demonstration. Presented by Don Sykes.

2.15pm approx. In the Cinema. The BIG Auction. 16mm items on auction
first followed by Super 8 items. Auctioneers Dave Guest and
Bob Nicholls.

3.00pm. approx In the Cinema. SUPER 8 RETRO SHOW. Including,
JAMES BOND ISLAND, Look at Life, THE LIVING DESERT,
Trailer, BUMBLE BOOGIE from Melody Time, PETER PAN, last
reel of feature
Presented by Bob Nicholls.

3.30pm. In the Dealers Room. A last look around.
FREE RAFFLE FOR A 16mm FEATURE.
“ROSELAND”. Directed by James Ivory
WINNER ANNOUNCED
JUST BEFORE THE AUCTION

[ November 12, 2012, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: David Guest ]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2012 10:43 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would like to thank every one who attended my 2nd film fair at the cliffs hotel .it was a great day with plenty of everything for sale inc films proj and cine stuff .i would also like to give a special thanks to my frinds don who ran the 16mm and 9.5 which was very interesting and many questions asked and bob who ran the 8mm .also like to thanks simon mconway who help to set it up in the early hours sunday .and paul who assisted me on the bring and buy which was very busy all day .i have booked the romm for 2013 it will be the sunday after remberance sunday .pictures will be posted shortly once again thankyou regards david

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2012 12:45 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another outstanding weekend, with serious thanks going out to David Guest who arranged the actual convention and Adrian Winchester for the all-new Collectors' Dinner on the Saturday.

Our hotel deal included dinner, so I only attended the after-dinner entertainment on the Saturday. Arriving early, I did sample the cherry pie, as the hotel had three left over. Myself, Mark & Dominic Norton all agreed this was top-notch food! Then, a change of room and onto the entertainment which was totally brilliant, with Lee Mannering's Ukulele music expertly played, followed by an 8mm reel expertly projected by Bob Nichols on the GS1200. Adrian had put together the reel for the original Derann meal which didn't happen last year. Perhaps Adrian could post here a list of what was on that reel, but it was stunning to say the least. Adrian excelled himself in terms of organisation. And Lee must put out a CD, such was the ultra-high standard of his music.

Sunday soon dawned and I was up early to join David at 7.30 to help load up the stock and equipment. The hall soon filled with dealers and films of every gauge, projectors of all types and the usual amazing bargains associated with Blackpool. One of the dealers and I were laughing at the fact that the room is like a game of Monopoly; lose £50 here, pass go there, collect £10 here (Bring & Buy!) The film shows were in a downstairs room and were brilliantly prrsented, by Bob and also Don Sykes.

As usual, the convention cannot be improved upon; plenty of dealers, loads of film and equipment...all at more than fair prices. Those who did not attend must do so next year. David's speech at 10.45 reminded us that we simply must support the dealers...as always, use it or lose it...the amount of dealing I saw showed me that those of us who did support this event certainly was appreciated by the dealers.

A THOUSAND thanks to both David & Adrian...you have pulled off another outstanding Blackpool!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC