8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » The right Rubbers for an Eiki

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The right Rubbers for an Eiki
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 14, 2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just wondered if there is a place to get the right rubber belts and rubbers focusing wise for Eikis please in the UK.

I got a pack of 4 focus rubbers but they are cut up silicone tube and rather numb, so not as good to focus as before even.

Also my new belts, the one on the motor sort of slips a bit.

Lovely machine so I`d like to get it a bit better as my only sound projector now too.

Thanks in advance Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 14, 2014 10:49 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you should always practice safe projection and make sure you use rubber protection! [Confused]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 04:38 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
You may be able to get both from Tony Reypert at Buckingham Film Services. The link below is far out of date in respect of films but you can use the email or telephone number.
http://www.pathescope.freeserve.co.uk/bfv/bfv.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 04:58 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice, I`ll drop him a line. Is it Nitrile or something you need. The ones in the arms are OK rubber wise but for the drive they could be a lot better.

Best Mark.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 05:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had need of a drive belt, but Tony has supplied belts for the arms and the sleeve for the focussing drive. I can't remember what the material for the latter is but Tony would know.

--------------------
Maurice

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2014 10:54 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
I have Eiki parts on my web site and ship overseas
Please visit http://rcsclassic16mm.com/index.html
Eiki stopped making the rubber sleeve years ago now they sell the focus knob now with the proper rubber I’m an Eiki parts distributor
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since years we supply the rubber sleeves made from the same material as EIKI onces.
At the beginning we sold reconditioned focus knobs, only. But customer from abroad complained high shipping cost.
In a further development step we made new tools for manufacture of sleeves.
Sleeve can simply mounted by customer and can be shipped by plain letter - if customer carries risk of lost - resulting in lower cost.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC