8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Run Projector In Reverse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Run Projector In Reverse
Don Elsass
Junior

- posted January 14, 2017 04:13 PM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an AMPRO compact 16mm projector manufactured 1948. Can it be run in reverse? The instructions don't cover this. I'm afraid to try something for fear Ill damage the film.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2017 06:52 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 15, 2017 03:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Ampro single case Educational model which although it will not project in reverse, films can be rewound back onto the feed spool.
This is achieved by pushing in the rewind clutch knob on the reverse side of the projector. Rewinding speed is regulated by the motor speed control knob.

--------------------
Maurice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 05:14 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what Maurice said, you need to move a lever on the take up spindle. This lever repositions the spring belt from the spindle so that the reel can spin in reverse. Remember to flip it back when you are finished with the rewind.

Don Elsass
Junior

- posted January 21, 2017 07:59 AM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you can help me with this problem too. I'm seeing parts of 2 pictures and turning the framing knob doesn't correct it. Is there something else I should be doing?

[ January 21, 2017, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Don Elsass ]

Don Elsass
Junior

- posted January 26, 2017 01:22 PM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This is the projection of the image that I'm trying to correct so that there is only 1 picture. Could the way the film was shot cause this?

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 07:10 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have another film you can try?

Don Elsass
Junior

- posted January 28, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried another film with the same results. Both films were taken by the same camera/person. I think what I'll do next is find a film taken by another camera to see if it does the same thing.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2017 09:41 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a good idea. I am not familiar with a 16mm camera, but I think it may be possible to error in loading one and thus the result you see.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC