8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 3:10 To Yuma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3:10 To Yuma
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 02, 2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all the Western fans out there, who love movies like Shane or High Noon , I would like to highly recommend the new remake of 3:10 To Yuma . This is a movie that grabs you from the first frame and never let's up. Russel Crowe is superb as the outlaw Ben Wade, and his sidekick is so evil he makes Jack Palance look like a wimp! Worth seeing for the awesome cinematography alone. This one ranks up there with 'Shane' as one of the best ever Westerns.
And it will make a superb S8 cutdown for Derann! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2007 03:31 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've sparked my interest Paul. What a shame there aren't any cinemas around here for about 30 miles!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2007 10:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard very good press and reviews about this re-make and they have all been highly positive. They say that it's far better than the Brad Pitt remake of the Jesse James saga.

The original was a also a superior western, starring Van Heflin and Glenn Ford.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 04, 2007 08:25 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Russell Crowe is terrific and Christian Bale is just as good. It's also great to see Peter Fonda chew up the scenery as a bounty hunter with an obsession.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 13, 2008 08:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although, this film has not yet been released in the cinemas here I managed to watch an early preview, all I can say is that its great, real edge of the seat stuff, fantastic sound, and those bullets flying around [Eek!] what a cast, best movie I have watched in a long time, dont miss this one.

Graham. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 13, 2008 10:30 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now available on DVD in the USA. Definately one to have.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 13, 2008 11:44 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked "DVD Planet" that was a quick release onto DVD [Eek!] and its not even on our screens yet, [Frown] although in saying that, a film like this will look good on a large cinema screen , without giving much away I liked what Russell Crowe did in the final seconds of the film "nice touch" here horsey [Wink] even the music reminded me of some of Clint Eastwood films a top notch movie.

Graham. [Smile]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 14, 2008 08:24 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi just read some reviews of this on play.com where it will be out UK wise on the 28th Jan, looks really good, Mr Crowe surprising us again like in Master and Commander and MR Bale as usual superb. Its 12.99 std dvd and 17.99 Blue Ray posted and I have to say thats tempting me though no HD TV or projector or even player!!!!
Best Mark.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 16, 2008 01:17 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the movie will be released out here on the 20th March this year, it's been a long time coming [Roll Eyes] a few weeks ago I managed to get a new 35mm trl, for those that are into buying trailers this one is long and action packed, ideal in flat or scope format for Super8 release.

Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 21, 2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the 35mm print came and went long long ago, I still have the trl and movie poster. Watched the Blu-ray last night and the quality is "excellent" well worth getting. Its taken me a long time to get around to watching the Blu-ray, however one day, "hopefully" I will come across a 35mm print...now that would be nice [Cool]
 -
 -
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 26, 2019 07:36 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks they say all good things come to people that wait, well at last I got my hands on the 35mm film print, and its much more fun than the Blu-ray. Paul if you are reading this, if you are ever out this way I can screen it on the now reel stuff. [Cool]

Here is a short extract [Smile]

https://youtu.be/Mj6EHnM69As

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 27, 2019 10:00 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, thank you for that kind invitation, if I ever do get to Christchurch some day I will certainly look you up. Your 35mm cinema is truly amazing and ought to be on the "10 Best Things To Do In Christchurch" tourist guide! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2019 10:51 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the 3:10 To Yuma was The Last Train From Gun Hill?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 27, 2019 03:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your welcome Paul [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC