8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hello everyone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello everyone
Phil Lilley
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 08:42 AM      Profile for Phil Lilley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

My name is Phil and I have been playing and working with cine film for over 30 years now. I'm here looking for a few bits and pieces for some of my projectors. I'm hoping you guys and gals can help out.

And it's just nice to meet people who are 'old school', like me. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 08:53 AM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Phil, you'll find a great bunch here.

Jon

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 17, 2012 08:55 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum!

PatD [Smile]

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 09:09 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the best 8mm forum Mate.
Leon

Phil Lilley
Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 03:10 AM      Profile for Phil Lilley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. I have enjoyed reading the threads in here, as I said, it's nice to have people who are 'old school'.

And I saw the name Derann, I haven't heard that name in a long time. Did they go out of business?

I don't want to do a 'shameless plug', but my dad used to know and work with Derek at Derann many years back. My dad used to sell 8mm too. When I left school, he came up with the idea of putting home movies on to video (at the time) and now to DVD...I've been doing it for about 20 years now as a full time job. I constantly have a projector whirring away in the back ground. [Big Grin]

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 05:28 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil,
Unfortunately Derann ceased trading in September 2011, falling victim to 'High Street' overheads.
Was your father Roger Lilley?

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 18, 2012 06:28 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Phil and less of the old school you are making me feel old. [Wink] Yup like you been at this a bit now 40 odd years and still barmy as ever, so much so I wound up working in media. My wife and I took a bit of video at the final Derann open day which you can view on youtube AKA Derann open day. Enjoy it.
[Cool]

Phil Lilley
Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 06:39 AM      Profile for Phil Lilley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll check them out.

And yes Mal, my dad was Roger. He passed away about 11 years ago now.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC