8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Akshay Nanjangud? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Akshay Nanjangud?
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 02:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is worth remembering, if these things get misplaced, they often return to the posted address.
In this case, that would have been a disaster as the seller has now seemingly left the country where he once lived.

Just a thought.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once sent a book to the US and it came back (why, I don't know) after several months.

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 03:14 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I totally agree with Mike Newells earlier comments - give the guy a chance as he has a good previous selling history. It is a difficult time of year for post generally - and of course the seller may be even unwell - as has been the case with others including yourself Vidar...so it is ridiculous and not fair for some to condemn a potential seller without him/her being allowed the time required to really justify this. ?

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2015 04:30 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that is why a question mark is there. No replies is not a good sign in any case

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 05:29 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see the question mark makes it all fine. So if you were on away from the Internet, on holiday or sick or in hospital as you recently were you would be quite happy to come back to a bigger banner VIDAR OLAVESEN BAD BUYER ? as long as there is a question mark at the end. Plus to make you feel even better you have been judged and convicted by all sorts who have never dealt with you. Aka The Rotten Egg Gang? Everything is fine as long as there is question mark at the end!!! As Akshay's reputation has been slaughtered I think this thread should be locked or deleted until Akshay is here to give his side of the argument because all we have here is lynch law by absence.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 20, 2015 06:44 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lean more towards "deleted" myself. This would be half fair if Akshay was actively posting here (or anywhere) and could speak up for himself.

There's a more traditional message, something like "Where is XXXX XXXX?", which at least would have started the trial without tying the noose and choosing a tree.

There's also something hokey about the owner of another Forum beaming in out of nowhere after being gone for months and hanging dirty laundry here.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 06:57 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike and Steve

good "rational" comments and I heartily agree with both of yours.

Mark - it is about being "fair" [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2015 07:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh ... So now I am a bad guy for being stiffed? It has been months and he does not reply. Isn't that a reason to be worried? I know a few, maybe many of you hate me. So be it, but myself would appreciate to be warned whensomeone doesn't keep their end of a deal.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 20, 2015 07:27 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a reason to be worried, and more important than your 30 bucks too. The guy could be hospitalized or worse.

For all you know, your postman has a table with one leg 11 mm too short and your film is keeping his coffee from sloshing.

-it doesn't mean Akshay has intentionally screwed you.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2015 07:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then why doesn't he give me the tracking number? I give up, you win Mr. Klare, I am the asshole and you are always right

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 07:54 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
👍

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 08:08 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If i can just add one lass thing before this post is going to now be obviously deleted....

First, I totally agree that noone should be hung out to dry before given the chance to reply. Even after, we wouldn't hang them out to dry, but it is important to relay infrmation to others when problems arise.

If, however, you people would go back and read his last posts before leaving the forum, you will see that your defense may be unfounded.

People on this forum have always been courteous to each other, with appropriate answers to questions etc.... but unfortunately, we had a series of negative post by Ashkay, ones which indicated he didn't care about his film stuff anymore. When people tried to receive the items he was 'giving away', he laughed(online) and noone heard anything further. Posts were made endlessly it seemed to receive these goods, but no word.....
This is why a WARNING post was made originally. It was not intended to single anyone out nor badmouth anyone's reputation.
But I agree with Vidar here. You people have successfully tried to turn tables on his original post.
I am with Vidar. If people cannot make due on their sends, even if they move, then that is something that should be reported to the group.... We may differ on how this report should be made, there are perhaps 'nicer' ways we could do this, however,
I try never to make judgements on people, always hearing both sides.
I feel I have heard both sides personally. I am able to read between the lines of his posts...
I feel i have observed the situation correctly. I still hope i am wrong however, as i am always hopeful for people to make themselves better.
Cheers,
Matt
ps: I am starting to understand now after a couple years Vidar's view of how he feels picked on here many times. Another lesson i have learned this week.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://youtu.be/W4gXmoC5eFI

Just in case you want to watch it.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That warmed my heart, thank you.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 20, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't interpret Akshay's last post that way at all.

-To me it was more "I'm moving soon and I really have to clear out. I don't have time to sell this stuff so I am willing to give it away rather than toss it."

I can't imagine what you'd have to leave behind in a trans-oceanic move. I can't imagine it would include old tracking numbers for one thing.

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 08:24 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any time

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 20, 2015 09:59 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay's sales post was on this Forum, so it makes sense to me that Vidar would post here about it. I am surprised at the vitriol that has been expressed here. It has been a matter of months since this transaction was made and I believe that would try the patience of anyone if they were directly involved.

That said, we should give Akshay the benefit of the doubt and rephrase the topic of this thread. I will also close it until one of the parties contacts me with an update.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC