8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A Family at War

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Family at War
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 24, 2016 01:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might be going to far back for most here, but who can remember the TV series from the early 1970s "A Family at War"? The outstanding music during the credits and for anyone that watched it like me its was engraved on our memories.

I did watch the series on a old B/W TV, but have never heard the music or watched the series since the 70s. Last night I came across those credits on you-tube, here it is once again...amazing.
https://youtu.be/0y11bhs21Ek

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 24, 2016 02:40 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, my Mummy use to watch this so we all to as well [Wink]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 03:27 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I moved to the US, we used to have it on Danish TV. It's a pity WETA/Public Television here hasn't gotten the distribution rights to show it; it seems very hard to come by in general (DVDs and such.)
I would love to re-visit the Ashtons....

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 04:06 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still knew the theme music from years ago before I played the YouTube video :-)

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 07:07 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch FAMILY AT WAR weekly when it was first shown on TV here in the UK away back in the 1970s.
It was this theme that got me into the music of R.V.WILLIAMS.
Quality music in a quality television drama series.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2016 04:08 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought it on dvd-it is tape quality.Very nice to see again though.David Ashton is a "constable" in Wexford.

--------------------
Trevor

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2016 04:40 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'A Family at War' is available in the U.K. as a box set (probably region 2) from Zavvi.co at £54.

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC