8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Drone's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drone's
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 02:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw one of those things flying around here the other day . I must say the image quality does look good.

Nice capture of some parts of this city [Cool]

https://youtu.be/VEVi9REObCY

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb images, those drones do have some great uses but as always there will be the idiots who will spoil it for many as they are here in England by flying them right next to passenger airlines.
This is a great video advert for your country. [Wink]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2016 04:20 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind about 'idiots' I can't believe that terrorists haven't already utilised these drones for their murderous policies. It surely can only be a matter of time before we see these things delivering horrific cargos by remote control. If our security agencies can't see this coming then they need their asses kicking.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 04:36 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your right there Terry, its bound to come sooner or later, i couldn't believe the news the other day showing the drones delivering drugs over the prison walls and straight to the bars of the prisoners cells. Here in this thread we see the very good and also see the bad possibilities, or should that be probabilities.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 12:58 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another use for drones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLrs9gX73M

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 01:23 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent video. Well done. I had a drone but I ending up selling it because it was too hard for me to fly.

I couldn't seem to get used to watching the screen instead of looking up at the drone.

[Eek!]

PatD

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 24, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who is big-time into model aircraft. He flies a drone wearing VR goggles.

-after he fell over a couple of times he started bringing a chair with him!

PAT!

-it looks like your beard grew back...you must have to shave about four times a day!

(The real time Avatar is kind of impressive!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 02:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was brilliant Steven [Cool] more fun to watch than the latest feature for sure [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 02:31 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yaaay heyyy, thats pretty dam good. [Wink]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2016 07:52 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is just...wow!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 26, 2016 07:57 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a new one I saw on TV the other day:

They are training eagles to snatch drones out of the sky to protect sensitive airspace like airports and military installations.

I'd PAY to see that!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2016 08:09 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need to pay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_ovddVRKE

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC