8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Now ... THAT'S dedication ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now ... THAT'S dedication ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 15, 2016 12:59 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a funny one ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-8-MM-MOVIE-FILM-IRON-MULE-BILLY-BEVEN/222305823718?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37338%26me id%3De557b86a2f5f4d33b95a7f9789ceee97%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D222305823718%26clkid%3D474319786150314492&_qi=RTM2247625

[Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2016 02:23 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTH did make and glue an edge to make his reel bigger?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2016 03:02 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also,is this THE IRON MULE with Al StJohn or something else,starring Billy BevAn?

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2016 05:55 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On ebay there are some 'large reels' made out of LP records.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 09:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not dedication... MEDIcation

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2016 12:05 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we are running concurant links Osi! I laughed at this as well.
This seller has been trying to sell this since mid october:
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000079;p=36

Dedication, Medication, or Needed Sedation...all may be relevant. Whatever floats his boat... [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 12:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that makes me laugh is that, this fit is so perfect, did this fellow, perhaps, cut the reel down so that it would be good for a 400ft release and keep the extra plastic?

At any rate, it made my day!

(sorry to "repost" something, I didn't see the other one).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2016 12:18 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking at.

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2016 01:59 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William,

Somebody fashioned a larger reel by gluing a pair of extensions to it. They seemed to go to a lot of trouble to find a color that matched only to pick the ugliest kind of glue they could have used.

It also appears that the glue along the edge was the initial and unsuccessful attempt at joining the pieces. The sistered plastic strips were a later addition that used a clear adhesive, - or at least adhesive that was applied more carefully.

Was it fantastic cutting skills or just good luck that the pieces fit together so well? Or is possible they were intended to fit together but the original means of joining them was lost?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 06:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What a bloody mess!

Why oh why not just buy the correct reel, fit for purpose????

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2016 12:23 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This hobby don't half attract some NUMPTIES !

A numpty is a Scottish word meaning Idiot or Stupid person.
Derived from the word ... Numbskull.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2016 05:43 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once convinced two Americans that the c word was a term of endearment in Ireland and that if they where ever to visit just shouting " Hey you wee **** any chance of a drink" to a barman would get a laugh and a wave because of their accents. I think by the time I had finished they believed it was the equivalent of Have a Nice day and nobody would ever take offence. I do occasionally have sleepless nights thinking they wouldn't really do that

[Roll Eyes]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC