8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » OK, I am totally confused ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: OK, I am totally confused ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 12:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this fellow selling?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Will-be-added-soon-3-FEATURE-Super-8-Color-SOUND-/282466586483?hash=item41c4520f73:g:5skAAOSw-K9ZD8bt

I mean, his auctions are usually specific and very good, but I'm baffled by these. It's not the only one that he has with this kind of "gimmick"?

If "moon-seller" is a member here, could you please explain, (I ask politely). [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 01:24 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's obvious. He's selling a movie called: "(Will be Added Soon 3)", - the prequel to "(Will be Added Soon 4)" [Wink]

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on there. Did they have a title and description before and then realized they had already sold it? Maybe now they're trying to find a movie to sell in its place?

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 01:44 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking it's "Sound of Music"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 02:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's amazing Roger!
How on earth have you concluded that?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 02:19 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you Roger on the title, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 02:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you all know though Mark?

Is it just a case of advertising whatever becomes topical perhaps?

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 02:36 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, the ad says : Director : Robert Wise and Leading role : Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, so there is a good chance it is Sound Of Music although it also says : Genre : Horror [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 02:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah..thank you Dom, no spiritual stuff involved then ha ha.
Sorry Dominique I only glanced at the front page of the ad with the link here.

It's funny though, how many times you see a film surface on e bay once it's been highlighted here.
So I will put a shout out once again for Robocop in the hope one will miraculously appear on e bay tomorrow morning in tip top shape. [Smile]

I won't hold my breath! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ May 09, 2017, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 04:43 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble is he has 3 "will be added soon" (3,4 & 5) with that information. However he does also have The Sound of Music for sale as well (as drama) http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUND -OF-MUSIC-1965-DERRAN-FEATURE-600-X-6-Super-8-Color-SOUND-Scope-/382055911194?hash=item58f44e8f1a:g:Vl4AAOSw5UZY~dTK and another feature as horror. Or as Ailce might say "Curiouser and curiouser"

I suspect he has cut and pasted descriptions badly from The Sound of Music for the first mentioned three. After all would ha have 4 copies to sell?????

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 05:08 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is listing them so that they end on the date he wants them to end but he didn't finish the listing yet.When he gets the time he will add the description and modify the auction. Ebay may have done a free listing or discounted final fee promotion that would need to have started by the day he did his. I've done this once or twice in the past.
Is this seller a member here? He may have seen the escalating prices of Super 8 Derann features and decided NOW is the time to sell. Seems that way. He has a lot of nice ones.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 05:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the bids are certainly coming in already and decent bids at that! [Wink]

Good luck to the seller and eventual buyer. [Smile]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 05:15 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well he is obviously originally from the Moon by his seller name that explains the lack of oxygen in his brain or Brian as he would spell it . He now lives in Kansas with Dorothy and Toto and as well as selling the world renowned Will be added soon worldwide classic blockbuster horror science fiction drama war cult Musical comedy features. Well number 3 and 5 at least personally I always like the original. Plus he has the alternative cut James Cameron Alians you don't see to many of those.

Prices are all over the place but he does have Bogart 2x600 at a reasonable price. Considering he can't be arsed spelling or telling the world what he is selling most if not all will go through with no sales. See it was worth while caning you in primary school for getting your spellings wrong👯👯👯

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 05:15 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bids are not that impressive yet. He started the Sound of Music at $495 and its only one bid that was rebid with a higher amount. Notice I said "yet"! [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2017 05:24 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Not bad though to have bids already at that relatively high starting price, Alan.

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2017 05:39 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Busy little Moonie must have sold every Laurel and Hardy at least twice plus multiple copies of others. His first sale was Disco Beaver says it all

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2017 02:32 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you're all confused ...........i'm not 😄 !!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 10, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! He got all of them up now.

I'm curious about the "Aliens". he states that he is going to get screenshots of it up. I'd like to see those screenshots first before I get "more curious", it is one of the horrible "bluish" prints, or is it a very nice agfa or good LPP print? That makes all the difference to me.

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 10, 2017 02:01 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that "moon-seller" has quite a few films as a Buy It Now. Has any member bought from him/her?

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought some 200' digests and cartoons from him. I have had good transactions and the prices were reasonable. This was a couple years ago and I don't remember exactly what I bought.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 11, 2017 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! That's a good copy of "Alians" (haha), but it's WAAAY beyond what I can afford now! Wouldn't be surprised if it easily tops a thousand.

--------------------

Mike Blasko
Junior

- posted May 11, 2017 02:02 PM      Profile for Mike Blasko   Email Mike Blasko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Aliens that rare? I agree the color is very good, but $1,000 seems steep unless this one is very rare.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 11, 2017 11:59 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, all of the later top 100 Derann feature films are becoming scarce now and this one certainly makes it up on that list!

In almost any condition, people will want these films.
Complete, even more so.
Very few now will ever look entirely like new. When they do, even titles that notoriously sold for far less, now appear to be raising these type of prices and beyond.
This has been experienced on several occasions only recently.

--------------------

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2017 12:15 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've bought from him before. His communication was straight forward. My amazement is mostly at the odd reel of The Fog for over $200!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 12, 2017 05:39 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a reel fan of Aliens then the Directors Cut that James Cameron has added on the blu-ray is a must. I have watched both the original on film when it came out, but at the time James Cameron was asked to cut back the running time and as such both the film and no doubt the Super8 print from it had lost almost 20 minutes of good footage.

Watching the blu-ray with the 18-20 minutes of original footage put back in, does make quite a difference to the story of Aliens itself and fills in the gaps of what happened on that planet before the rescue mission came about. [Wink]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2017 09:51 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I have to disagree with you. After seeing both versions I can see why that footage was left out of the theatrical release. It slows the pacing of the film down too much. I prefer the original film [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC