8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Northwest Film Fair BLACKPOOL 2019 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair BLACKPOOL 2019
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2019 06:06 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just had word that two gents from Malta are attending blackpool film fair this year. it will be their first ever time at this event. so a big thank you to Kevin Mifsud and his friend Joe for making such an effort. Paul.

[ February 12, 2019, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Paul Barker ]

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 12, 2019 07:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news! I'll throw in that travel for non-driving people is likely to be the easiest it has ever been this year. The reason the roads near the North Pier were unusable last year was due to a major project that's connecting the tram system to Blackpool North station. So anyone coming by train will soon be able to get a tram from the station direct to The Grand. And as direct trains from London to Blackpool have also been reintroduced, anyone (like me) coming from or through London will potentially be able to get from Euston station to the hotel in only two stages!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 12, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ade They still are as of today just left Blackpool. The works are for extensions to the tram network into town but its said they will be done for Summer.

Popped in the hotel today, same manager as when it was The Hilton but of course Britannia had taken it over now. Nice lady..
 -

Also called at my favourite cinema Odeon Blackpool. Worth mentioning in case anyone is making a longer stay of it, located south shore.
 -

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2019 12:41 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone Re.Blackpool Convention 2019, rooms are now available at the Grand Hotel, the convention and convention dinner venue
The cost is the same as last year ie. £70.00 per person per night this includes Dinner,bed and full english breakfast and will include your convention dinner plus a small supplement. Don't delay secure rooms while they are available at this rate, don't forget to mention you are attending the Northwest film Fair. see Paul's earlier post for more details and contact information.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2019 03:00 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David. I have booked for all three nights.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 06, 2019 10:46 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As have I - Cheers, Shorty

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2019 02:02 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe ,great to read that you have booked for Blackpool again this year, look forward to seeing you and of course all our other overseas
collector friends from Belgium, Norway and I think this year from Malta.
Let us all make it a great weekend in memory of David Guest

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2019 02:16 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally cannot wait for this great event and this year I will attend the Friday evening film show.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 03:22 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty. great news that you are joining us again this year at Blackpool. bookings are going well. anyone wanting a table on the sunday please contact Elaine Guest on 07931 457817. and if you wish to stay at The Grand Hotel for this fabulous weekend event contact Kerry Eastwood on 01253 627977.(mention the film fair for discount on room rates). rooms go quickly as do tables .so don't leave it until last minute. a great time to be had. also we hope to continue as we did last year with the saturday daytime film shows thanks to Jim Cecil. if we can get the same room or similar.

[ June 13, 2019, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Paul Barker ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC