8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Noris 9.5 junior projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noris 9.5 junior projector
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2009 03:11 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi does anyone have experience of these projectors. It's a beautiful little machine that can be hand cranked or run with it's built in motor.I've only recently bought it, and while it projects a very steady image, it's not very bright. It currently has 240v 100w lamp. Any suggestions? MIKE

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2009 11:47 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried a different bulb? That would be my first check, but I usually try to look for a more modern lamp I can convert too. I would also check any sort of heat absorbing glass, etc that may be in the line of fire, as I have had those interfere, and of course what type of lens does it use, as some suck up all of the light...While I have a bunch of 9.5 projectors I have never had one of these Noris juniors' but I think they are more along the lines of the baby, than the specto and weren't designed to project very far...Is yours the green model?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Peter James Diggle
Junior

- posted May 06, 2009 05:04 AM      Profile for Peter James Diggle   Email Peter James Diggle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was given one of these when at school in 1958. \\\\\\i still use it for viewing short films and films back from processing. The mains voltage lamp gets hot and there is no forced cooling, a heat filter drops to prevent burning. I converted the lamp to a 50 w 12v Halogen which I got from Homebase and use a 12v transformer from an old computer device. The barrel shutter makes for flicker, and prevents the fittin of a better lens. The lens is only a doublet of about 2.5 aperture. With the sprocket feed it is much easier to use than an Ace and the lamp conversion is easier. Mine was bought from Profitts of Bolton, I wonder if they still exist ? Good luck with it.

--------------------
PJDiggle

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2009 03:31 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino and Peter, thanks for your replies. Dino yes it is a greenish colour, I think the way forward is to fit a more modern lamp. Peter I didn't realise it had a barrel shutter, does this make it the equivalent of a 2 bladed shutter? Increasing the light could make flicker more obvious, to be honest the picture is so dim at the moment I hadn't notice any flicker!I also didn't know that a barrel shutter restricted the type of lens either. Peter I live in Chorley, only a few miles from Bolton and sorry Proffits is long gone. Thanks again MIKE

Warton Parfitt
Junior

- posted October 19, 2009 02:48 PM      Profile for Warton Parfitt   Author's Homepage   Email Warton Parfitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very first projector I had was one of these and never noticed any problem with dim light. I cannot remember now - but is there any up & down adjustment for the lampholder. If there is it may be the holder has slipped down so the lamp filament is not directly opposite the condenser'

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC