8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope,Home Cinematography at it's Best

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope,Home Cinematography at it's Best
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 03:40 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This book is advertised far and wide but no selling site tells anything about it.Could it be a scam??? [Wink] Trevor

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 15, 2013 10:57 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It appears to be genuine, many sellers are advertising it. UK Amazon have it for £5.95 (post free). But at only 38 pages it can't be much of a book.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pathescope-Home-Cinematography-Its-Best/dp/1447442881/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387124529&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Pathescope%2C+Home+Cinematoraphy+at +its+best

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2013 11:34 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a guess but as it's in English but anonymous it might be a reprint of a Pathescope brochure or catalogue

--------------------
Paul.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2013 12:53 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I bought it thinking it might be about the 28mm pathescope, and it is just a reprinted 1950's sales brochure.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 17, 2013 06:15 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, have you heard recently about the American 9,5 group ?

--------------------
Dominique

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2013 11:49 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that something that actually exists? I emailed them regularly many years back and never received a reply, so I assumed it was just a dead group.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 17, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that the fondator of the American group travelled some years ago to France to meet members of Ciné Club 9,5 de France and that the late Bernard Trembloy who was at that time the president of this French association flew to the US. But then there were no further contacts, although I know that there were contact between the American Club and the British Group more recently. I have no idea of how many ninefivers were members of the American Club, neither if this club still exists.

--------------------
Dominique

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2013 06:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it has been active since around 2003 or so, because that was when I saw them on the web and reached out to them and never heard back.. The main guy might still put info on the web site but he doesn't want members, which is a shame because I think I am about 1 year away from being able to slit and re-perf 9.5 film stock here in the states. I need to get a few parts machines and then I think I'll be able to do it..

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 18, 2013 02:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic to hear about your project !

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC