8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Dracula Prince of Darkness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dracula Prince of Darkness
Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2007 11:21 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that there's been a review of the condensed version, but I just received the Derann feature and thought I'd give a few words about it. First....I can say that it beats out my LPP 16mm pan and scan print, which, due to the pan and scan process , has some strange color and focus distortions. No such problem with this Super 8 print. Color and sound wise, this was like watching the film on its initial release.( which I did). It's a pretty sharp print, too...but not quite as clear and crisp as more recent releases, You Only Live Twice, Thunderball...Die Hard or The Mummy, but Still just a great presentation. It's mounted on 5 400 foot reels. If you have not seen this film in its full wide format, you haven't seen this film. The scope composition is just fabulous. If you like the Hammer brand of horror at its peak, this is a great film to own.
Ricky Daniels in London sold me this film and he is a great person with which to deal. Very nice.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Good on you Gary.One thing though.Does the feature contain
the scene were Helen(Barbera Shelley),gets the stake thru her heart?.Andy.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2007 01:31 PM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

the condensed version of the film (4 x 400 ft) has this scene included. I for myself was owner of this version for years and I remember very good this scene. You saw all the gore when the blood was squirting out of the body. I sold this version for years, becaus I want this film complete in CS. Now I have the full length feature but in the moment I' cant remember if you see all details of the impalement of Barbara Shelly. [Confused]

Maybe one of the other members who own this feature also can give you a better information at the moment. I will check my print in the next time.

Greetings

Ralf

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 20, 2007 06:39 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I'm afraid the scope feature doesn't have that scene. I think the scope 400' might possibly have it - if it does, and you find a low fade print - I suppose you might be able to add it to the feature, but I expect the change would be very conspicuous.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2007 06:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,Thanks for the info!The scope two reeler doesnt have that
scene in it.It is a crap editing job;this is one case were the feature is better than the cut down.Andy.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 21, 2007 09:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I remember, the editing of the 4 x 400' version was pretty bad as well!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 22, 2007 04:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 400ft cut down and once again the editing is superb as is the scope picture quality.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC