8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema is asking "what do we want"? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema is asking "what do we want"?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 09, 2007 11:52 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I still think the opening 600ft of saving P Ryan would be a fantastic all action reel which would stan alone really well as "The D Day landing". Go for it

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 01:03 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark. Yes I know Phil is ill at present and I'm sure that we all wish him well, with his treatments.
The point made, was not intimated that he should respond "personally", "at this moment in time", but that a response "in general, to the forum, from the distributors, would be welcome.
This forum is a ready made customer base and as such should, in my opinion, be monitored and responded to. It is the equivilant to ahving a canvaser on the street corner, who is offering "help" to further the hobby, if we can.
How are we to know, as a group, what the distributors think about our suggestions if they don't respond?
If one person rings up and asks for the "Private Ryan" release, then, to them, it's one person and therefore doesn't carry much weight. However, the forum, as I've already said, is a bunch of "hard core" enthusiasts and a ready made customer base.
I don't know what the true answer is to getting releases sorted. Without a response from the distributor/dealer. how can we move forward?
Perhaps all the forum members, who are going to the Blackpool Convention, can each put our "requests" personally, to Adrian, Ged, Gary and Phil?

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 09, 2007 01:35 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keith I aggree with you entirely and thats why we need to go to them, put the word out to print contacts etc and ask what they may have the option for then go ready with a firm number of buyers and an upfront deposit sort of thing would help.
Releasing anything is a really big gamble for either of the UK two now.
Best Mark.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 03:02 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear Phil is sick. I wish him a quick recovery.

Spiderman 2 - train sequence-

Now THAT would have been an excellent release. It would probably have fit onto a 400 foot reel, and so would be affordable as well. A title like that would certainly sell better than "End of Days" [Roll Eyes] .

Come to think of it, was "End of Days" requested by anyone on the "Derann is asking..." thread? I don't even remember seeing that title requested one time.

Yet, a scene from Spiderman 2 would seem like a much lower-risk title, since the movie was very popular, well-liked, and that particular scene is well-lit with lots of colors. I think it would be a very good selling extract.

James.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC