8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Some films I wish had been released On Super -8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some films I wish had been released On Super -8
Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 08:45 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again

I read somewhere that the 4 Miss Marple films with Margaret Rutherford were not released on super-8.

Shame as these were excellent films as they really caught a mood and a time, a bit like the early (B/W) episodes of Dr Who or the early Carry On films.

Regards Peter

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 06:26 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter I agree with you. What about posting again in the "Derann is asking" thread? I wonder if our US members know these films, too...?
Joerg

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 12:02 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have made it so.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 03:04 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although the "Miss Marple" films were British productions they were released by M.G.M. and that is why they never reached the Home Screens in any form, and when M.G.M. films were being released on 8mm, only the blockbuster titles found their way onto it, shame really, as I think a couple of the Margaret Rutherford "Marples" would have sold well in the early days of 8mm.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 24, 2006 04:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is a shame. I think M Rutherford was the best Miss Marple and I too would have loved to have seen one or two on super 8.

If you like M Rutherford then look out for a copy of "The Smallest Show on Earth" with Peter Sellers. She is brilliant in that [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 06:03 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite film is,Happiest Days of Your Life,with Margaret Rutherford and Alistair Sim.Great stuff! [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC