8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your super 8 film exhibition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your super 8 film exhibition
Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2006 04:30 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

Budding Spielbergs read on...

Who here has ever filmed their own super 8 film and had it exhibited at a super 8 film exhibition or festival? It's own up time.

Tell us about your experiences. What was your film about? Did it feature cowboys and pudding? [Smile] What was the audience response? Did anyone famous see your film?

cheers Peter

[ July 30, 2006, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Peter Berrett ]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 27, 2006 01:55 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a teenager, I made a 200ft reel of animated cartoons featuring my very own, stickman-type hero with the unlikely name of "Jacker" (don't ask...) - and one day had that reel shown to my highschool class by a teacher. There were giggles and guffaws throughout the show and at the end, everyone applauded me. [Smile]

Sadly, though, the reel was lost shortly after that. I don't know how or where/when... but I just could never find it again. Real bummer, after all the work I had doing the stop-motion thing. [Frown]

Only one of my cartoons (which was on a separate 50ft reel) survives to this day...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC