8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Film Auction Site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Film Auction Site
Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2007 09:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As per agreement with one of this forum's mods, I'm announcing my all-new film auction website, located at:
www.FlickerBid.com
*** USER IDs must match your REAL NAME ***
(The above is an important rule and security measure- If not upheld you will have to re-register.)
All new members receive a $5 listing credit- PLUS - All auction listings are free unless the item sells!
With the poor management of eBay and its unfair treatment of both buyers and sellers, it's time to invest in one of our own auction communities geared especially toward film collectors.

Good luck; sell and buy as much as you can!
-Tom

P.S. Please direct all questions, concerns, and glitches using the Contact Us form for a quick reply.

--------------------
Drop me a line at CartoonsOnFilm@gmail.com

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2007 09:51 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As per agreement with one of this forum's mods
Just to clarify, Thomas e-mailed me as to whether he should post here about his new film auction site. Why not? I just hope that the mess I currently have with an eBay seller (or former eBay seller , as he appears not to be registered anymore) doesn't happen to anyone on any auction site.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2007 10:20 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug [Wink]
One time when I was offline for a few days due to family matters, two sellers (whom I had just won auctions from within a week!) reported me as an NPB and I was suspended! Needless to say, the sellers were a-holes and I had to well, re-register. [Mad]

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 10, 2007 01:01 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I too have just had bothers with a seller who didnt supply a really nice Eiki 16mm projector so any new site dedicated to just film etc must be great.

How are you going to get this site know to the masses? There are loads of sellers out on the net who are not collectors so wont know of a new site dedicated to the hobby.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2007 01:15 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Obvious. Put an advert on ebay [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2007 01:30 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hah, forget affording an eBay ad, would they even allow it?! [Big Grin]
It's going to need alot of word-of-mouth.
One idea I have is when dealing with a seller or buyer on eBay, mention the site to them.
Also if non-collectors/dealers would be searching for ways to sell film (if not going straight to eBay), they might just find the site in a search engine.
Good luck all, and spread the word!

--------------------

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2007 09:23 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just noting a new amendment:
If you have a business or company, you may use your company name as a user ID. I realize there are some of us who deal not as individuals but as a company.

--------------------

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2007 03:04 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, but what about a category for super8\8mm cameras and one for 16mm cameras? Many of us use them still, and dont neccessarily want to use Ebay. An alternative would be cool.

Also I think you should promote your site at

filmshooting.com
cinematography.com

And Giles at onsuper8.org needs to know.

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2007 01:15 AM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Knut!
I'm not much of a filmmaker myself so I didn't know of those sites. Do they allow an innocent mention of something like my site?
Some places do not.
Thanks again,
Tom

--------------------

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2007 03:24 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked with those websites and they all charge for advertising. Maybe in the future this would be possible, but does anyone know of other good outlets where a "mention" would be possible?

--------------------

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2007 08:29 AM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick update, we have 12 auctions currently running from three members. A nice selection of projector bulbs, belts, a Eumig 824 Sonomatic HQS projector and some of my silent cartoon DVDs.
The picture problem is still being investigated.
Thanks everyone for looking, and spread the word :-)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC