8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Men Behind The Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Men Behind The Movies
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 10, 2007 02:11 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just recieved two excellent DVDs from Derann, "The Men Behind The Movies" Part one, and Part two. The quality of the DVDs as with the content makes them a "must have" for anyone interested in film collecting, the bonus items alone on disc one which are Eumig promotional films were very interesting.

Also arrived in the post was the latest FFTC magazine which included a well written article by Mr Elmo "Kevin" on how to replace a GS1200 capacitor, this was most interesting as a few years ago I had tried unsuccessfully to re-record a film and gave up. At the time putting it down to the type of stripe, thanks to Kevs article it has renewed my enthusiasm to give it another go and will be replacing the capacitor ASAP "Thanks Kev".

Along with the FFTC Gary had very kindly included there latest Sales Catalogue, and after reading it came to the conclusion that there are still plenty of films for sale that should keep most collectors happy for years to come. The down side to reading it was a little voice in my head saying buy, buy, buy, [Smile] and a little voice in my wife's head saying no, no, no. [Frown] such are the trials of being a film collector.

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 10, 2007 06:29 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the praise Graham. Lets hope that helps sort your Elmo recording problem.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2007 12:56 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, if my memory serves me well, that excellent little Eumig film at the end of the first DVD was made possible by that nice man Kev supplying the master for transfer.

See, Kev does have a soft spot for Eumigs after all.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2007 05:13 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wilts is on the brink of producing the concluding chapter to "The Men Behind The Movies". He just has some other work to finish off first.

Keith's on the phone right now and he sends his regards to you Graham! How about some more of those interesting film collectors magazines?!?

Cor, he doesn't miss a trick that Wilton!

[ January 13, 2007, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: John Clancy ]

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2007 02:59 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

I bought these two DVDs at the last BFCC very much on Garys recommendation, I have to say they are fantastic and anyone interested in film collecting should have a copy. They cover such a wide scope, from the early roots of film collecting, right through to the development of the conventions and even interviews with the people that edited our digests! Marvellous.

The interviews with Ian O'Reilly (of Perrys) and Adrian (Derann) are particularly interesting.

Didn't realise there was due to be a third part, looking forward to that now.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 14, 2007 04:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
Thanks, will sort out some more magazines to send on soon.

Mike
Also looking forward to Armchairs Odeons DVD.

Regards Graham [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC