8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pictures of France's #1 2007 Film Fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures of France's #1 2007 Film Fair
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 11, 2007 08:51 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's everything you need to know if you want to get to the convention, now in its 20th year.

LES CINGLÉS DU CINÉMA
Where?
Salle Jean Vilar
Boulevard Héloïse - Argenteuil
26, 27, 28th January 2007
Hours:
Friday the 26th - 2 pm til 7 pm
Saturday the 27th - 9 am til 7 pm
Sunday the 28th - 9 am til 6 pm

Free admission on both Saturday and Sunday.
Admission fee (roughly 15 euros) on Friday afternoon (merchants day). Tickets can be purchased when you arrive at the convention.

How to get there?
From anywhere in Paris, you want to take the Metro to "Saint-Lazare" railway station (circled in red on the following metro map).
If you come with the Eurostar (which arrives at "Gare du Nord") and stay in this area, there are buses that will take you to Saint-Lazare (20 minutes ride).
At the station, buy a ticket to "ARGENTEUIL". You want to take a train that goes to "ARGENTEUIL" or "CORMEILLES EN PARISIS" (end of the line). Depending on the day and hour, trains leave every 10 to 30 minutes. It's a 16 minutes trip.
Get off the train at "ARGENTEUIL".
Do not get off at "Val d'argenteuil" as you would end up in the middle of nowhere

Alternate route is to take "RER" (local express train), line "C3" (circled in green on the map), if you're staying in the centre of Paris (Saint-Michel area). But this might take longer.

Metro Map:
 -

When you arrive in Argenteuil (train station cicled in red, RER station circled in green), it's a 20 minutes walk to "Salle Jean Vilar" (marked in purple). There might be buses but I'm not sure about these...

Map of Argenteuil:
 -

And here's an approximate floorplan of the convention (and where to find me...) Last year, they change the crowd circulation system, so the main entrance was where second entrance is located and former main entrance was used as the exit. I suppose they'll do the same this year.
 -
There's another screening room on the upper level (not shown on plan) but don't expect anything as spectacular as the BFCC's large screen...

Finally, here's a picture of my better half (as you can see, she's really half my size... [Wink] ) and yours truly, at our stall.
 -

Any questions? Ask them here. I'll "UP" this thread, as a reminder, a few days prior to the convention.

If you're coming on Friday, please be aware that not all of the dealers will be there (some arrive very early Saturday morning) and that most of us will be putting the stalls together.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 11, 2007 11:10 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, twenty years they have a film-fair, why not here too?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 22, 2007 03:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's happening next weekend. Woohoo!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 29, 2007 04:58 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The weekend's been fantastic and quite busy, a lot of people went through the doors. Some pics:

A dealer from Germany had brought a mint Beaulieu 708 and a like new GS800.
 -

A beautiful 8 mm Silma sound machine
 -

16 mm projectors were sold in great numbers. Here's a Hokushin.
 -

Some "portable" 35mm machines were sold, as well as pedestal 16 mm projectors such as this beautiful Eiki.
 -

Here's the largest dealer room (out of four)...
 -

My friend Eric just upgraded to 35mm, so he decided to let go most of his 16mm film (some fine titles ended up in my own collection [Big Grin] )
 -

Finally, here's my table (this was taken during the instllation, on Friday morning, so it's looks a bit empty...) Nearly 2/3rd of what I had brought was sold and it was really nice to meet with some of my Ebay buyers, old friends, and people who read this fine forum but don't dare joining...)
 -

Next stop for me will be a smaller convention in Paris's west suburbs this april, then this May's BFCC...

--------------------

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2007 06:06 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... [Eek!]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC