8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help from Kevin Clark and others who know film.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help from Kevin Clark and others who know film.
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 24, 2007 04:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a print, and I'm looking for the LPP print of it, (Hoppity Goes to Town), could you folks tell as to whether an "Eastman Polyester prestriped print" would be an LPP print?

I ask this as I know that not all LPP stock was labeled as such.

I thank you for your time.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 24, 2007 07:08 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi as you oviously know there are odd kodak poly stocks that hold up well and some may even be early tryouts at low fade, trouble is they are mixed in with the fadey stocks at the same time, some SP stock with a number or two after the date code is pretty good and could be LF.!!!!!!!!!!
As with this title there seem to be a lot of faders about if I were you I would make sure its got LPP actually printed on it, probably the 1983 date code or maybe odd one with 82.
Keep a lookout in the UK as I think the derran copies here are possibly more likely to be one.
I had that and gulliver on LPP once, very nice.
Good luck,Best Markk.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 24, 2007 09:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film is a strange one. I have a Derann print of this, an early one, and reels one and four are quite nice, while, interestingly enough, two and three have bad fade, but the strange thing, is that I looked carefully at my print and
where the reels would change, (in the original release reels), it hasn't been spliced but the print suddenly loses a lot of colour, and then, back to reel four, where the colour returns to normal.

Kevin Clark has an LPP print of this film and the colour is outstanding, but even he notes that the colour near the end of the print, on reel four, has a warmness to it.

The seller states that the colour is warming, so I'm not sure that this is an LPP or not, but I have also noted that some of my earlier Derann LPP prints, from the early 80's have a slight fade to them.

Need more info folks!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC