8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What do you find to be the most reliable film service?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you find to be the most reliable film service?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 26, 2007 09:13 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find that they vary. Derann has always been top-notch, as well as Indie 8, others vary. I wrote CHC recently, and instead of a reply, they send a film list.

I think part of this is, some places rate film quality on the shape of the film, but are probably a little hesitant to grade on colour, as film quality can be great, but faded as hell.

and hey, if your buying a print from overseas, it's a little difficult (as well as expensive) to return a faded print.
This is an even bigger problem with ebay, of course.

What are your opinions?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 26, 2007 12:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of REEL-IMAGE, here you have the finest gentleman of the film collector - He caters and takes care of those with questions and affords the best service, and his mainstay is the Super and Std 8 genre - The others are excellent also, but REEL-IMAGE for me, is Top-Notch - Shorty

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2007 04:10 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann and Paul Foster Films are my two main points of purchase. Derann have a no-nonsense approach to film dealing, putting the customer first in every respect. They surely deserve success because of this and long may they rule. Paul Foster offers very well organised lists, interesting range of titles and super-fast service when you order a film. Recently, I've had very reasonably priced prints in excellent condition from both companies. Derann's lists are monthly, Foster's lists are every five weeks. Both have websites. Both worth a try!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC