8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shout At The Devil question ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shout At The Devil question ....
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 31, 2007 06:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A question concerning Shout At The Devil. I know that this was released both in Magnetic sound as well as optical sound super 8.
Actually, I understand that this was released in various ways:
2X400 scope
Feature/flat
Feature/scope (?)

The question is, I know that the feature was released (by Ivers)
at 3X600ft. The question is, how long was the optical sound super 8 version? It might be a little longer cut, especially if it is on 3X600, (as a good extra 5 minutes of optical sound super 8 can fit on a 600ft reel, over magnetic sound) and I'd prefer the longer cut, of course.

Inquiring minds want to know, as I might have a chance to buy a copy soon.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 01, 2007 01:02 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
Just be carefull with Iver as many of there prints I have seen out here have turned Red this might not be the case from UK I dont no, just a word of caution.

Graham.

Alan Paterson
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2007 04:02 PM      Profile for Alan Paterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the quality of the Iver Feature (flat) was a bit soft. I bought the 2x400' scope version when it was originally released and it was very nice in terms of quality but with the usual Iver rushed ending.
I've never heard of an Optical version being released.
I bought a DVD version a year or so ago (for £5.99) and the transfer was awful - like a single light job.
A terrible fate for a good film.

Alan

--------------------
If God had meant us to run, we'd have been born with spikes in our feet.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 01, 2007 10:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shout at the Devil was released as an airline feature, (I remember it being offered a while back), the question I have is if it's the same cut as the Ivers 3X600 feature, or would it be 4X600ft?

That would still be a little short of the feature, as I believe that it was about 130 minutes long. Optical sound features could only be two hours tops.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC