8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Where is "pure" aux out at Elmo ST-800?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is "pure" aux out at Elmo ST-800?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 11, 2007 10:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
I was trying to hook my Elmo ST-800 up to an amplifier and found an "aux out" right beside the "mon". When it was connected to the ampli, I found when I turn the projector's volume up than the sound came out from the ampli would also increase. It also happened when the "tone" button turn up.

I did hook to the "mon" also, and nothing different with the above case.

So, this is not a pure "aux out" I was looking for but more to be an external speaker out.

I am looking somekind like a "line out" at any other modern machines such as amplifier or VHS or LD Player where any changes made at those machines will not given any impact to the "line out" sound.

So,:

1. Do you think all ST-800s don't have a pure "aux out"
2. What about at ST-1200?
3. And GS 800 or GS 1200?
4. Are there other brands having a pure "aux out'

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 12, 2007 12:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aux out is "pure" on a GS1200 but the sound dynamic is much, much better through the monitoring output.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC