8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Farnworth Collectors event report

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Farnworth Collectors event report
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello folks!
Well we have just walked in the front door having left the Farnworth Film Collectors event today. It was good to meet a few Forum members today and trade was brisk early on, slowing mid day with a bit of a frantic rush around 2pm for my reduced price items. I would say numbers through the door were much the same as last year although a few friends from over the years were no longer with us, but very much remembered.

The 9.5mm films I had taken were all gone by 1pm as were much of the 16mm films including the Laurel & hardy features. Super 8 was slow until after lunch when I did start to sell them and we had a steady trade.

Dealers were selling trailers for around £5 ~ £6 each on super 8mm. I secured two Arnold Schwarzenegger trailers which made my day anyway, along with a couple of nice cut downs one being a Bela Lugosi in Dracula.

You could have found plenty of 8mm projectors at Farnworth including a mint ST1200HD with case for £200 along with quite a few other machines from Yelco etc. 16mm machines were hard to find and I only spotted two for sale. One was a Bell & Howell grey, and the Mag/Opt I sold which went at the last minute. It was as always a nice friendly event with good food from the girls at the Church.

Some collectors left around 3pm to go for a meal they had arranged together and a few beers at the local pub. Unfortunately I couldn’t go along due to time but it would have been fun.

Blackpool 2007
Much enthusiasm was also around my table as we were chatting enthusiastically about the next Blackpool Film Collectors Convention in November. We heard that a top star will be coming from the film Star Wars. Yes I did say Star Wars! This event is getting better by the minute, and I don’t think anyone can top the Blackpool event that’s coming later this year. Watch this space for more info..

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 11:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, I did PM you about a certain title before the event which you have read but you didn't reply to [Frown]

Did you sell it?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 12:49 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin.
Got message my friend but did not see the film at Farnworth..
Lee

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 03:57 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Lee, it must be me going gaa gaa.

I thought it was you selling the 600ft extract of the Magic Box.

My appologies, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2007 02:56 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Farnworth event was quite a surprise to me. I expected only a couple of stalls but there must have been at least a dozen, if not more.Lee,is this event a "once a year job" or do they have it more often? If so, do you have the dates for future events? I would like to have stayed longer, but circumstances dictated otherwise. However I did managed to obtain an external speaker for my projectors for the princely sum of a £1.00 and it works!!! [Smile] Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 18, 2007 03:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keith.
The next Farnworth will be September but as yet I have not the date. I will post it on the Forum as soon as I get it.
Kindest regards
Lee

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC