8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Modifying the input voltage for the GS-1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Modifying the input voltage for the GS-1200
Marco Pauck
Junior

- posted April 16, 2007 06:28 AM      Profile for Marco Pauck   Email Marco Pauck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While working on my GS-1200 (version 3) I thought about also modifying it to work with the correct input voltage. It is a 220V version, but here in Germany the line voltage was changed to 230V already many years ago. I know that this little difference will probably do no harm, but ...

Unfortunately, my model doesn't have the voltage switch found in other (older?) models, only a few soldering points (P1, P2, P3) as seen here:

-

Currently, the brown wire leading to the fuse as well as the de-spiking capacitor are soldered to P1. I guess that P2 is for 230V and P3 for 240V - can anyone confirm this? (The service manual on this site only shows the american version for 100V and 110V.)

What are you other European users do regarding this issue?

Marco

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 16, 2007 06:40 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Marco, You are spot on. 240V=P3 230=P2 & 220=P1. As well as moving the brown wire you should also move the mains filter wire also soldered to the same conection.

The mains filter is that black covered capacitor in your picture above.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Marco Pauck
Junior

- posted April 16, 2007 07:44 AM      Profile for Marco Pauck   Email Marco Pauck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kevin!

Marco

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC