8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 820 Sonomatic power switch broken

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 820 Sonomatic power switch broken
Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 04:53 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My elderly Eumig's power on /off switch has now jammed itself,luckily in the on position,do you think it will be ok just to leave it as it is??

I can now power it on by simply switching the plug on at the wall socket so the lamp still gets pre-heated.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 05:23 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Why don't you ask someone like John White, he does a lot of repairs on projectors, and Eumigs are one of his specilaties, his number is 020 8204 8434 , try phoning during the week if possible, as he's out most weekends.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 07:30 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine there would be a problem with leaving the switch in the on position....after all most all eumigs don't have power switches at all. Plugging them in turns them on.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 07:32 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gary,I thought it would be ok doing that,its a great machine and still runs very well,great sound too.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 27, 2007 11:11 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark. A few years back now my 824 mains switch locked up which is a known fault with these.

If you pull the front knobs off, undo to front screw and slide the front black cover to the right you can then see the mains switch on the left of the machine.

ALL FROM THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE REMEMBER

The mains switch itself may be covered by a black cover. You need to squirt some WD40 into the switch from behind this black cover and you will find it sorts the sticky switch.

Have done a few for friends over the years and it works fine and simple to do.

Good lucky matey and it takes about 10 minutes.
Lee.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 12:56 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Lee,I will attempt this repair over the weekend.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2007 03:56 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Lee,I Finally got round to fixing the 820 and your suggested repair worked a treat!,the switch worked again as soon as I applied the WD-40.

Many thanks for the advice mate.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC