8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EUMIG 932?.Anyone heard of it?.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG 932?.Anyone heard of it?.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2007 10:30 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,Has any fellow members heard of this super8 machine?.Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2007 11:59 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew

The Eumig S932 is a very common projector and can easily be found on ebay and conventions.

Performance wise they are very good and reliable, quiet in operation, 800ft reel capacity and a good steady picture. Downside is they can suffer from sound playback problems if the mag stripe is of poor quality. The S932 is the baby which Eumig went on to develop the finest Eumig machine, the S940 Stereo, the S940 will give an Elmo GS1200 a run for it's money when sound output is the factor.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2007 12:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Craig for the run down.This is the one im hopefully getting
to replace my Sankyo stereo 800.The service man says i can have this replacement for the 800.I knew about the heads on the Eumigs,
whats the lamp on the 932?.Andy.
P.S See my posts reguarding the Sankyo 800.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 05, 2007 01:33 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
100 watt 12 volts usual halogen jobby.
They are very nice to use, bit fiddly on the unloading part way through and remeber to just run filmgaurded prints if you can, especially post 1990 odd prints or paste stripe one`s as the heads as you know do wear quickly but plenty about so a spare head should be no bother.
Just need to like the sankyo keep the inlet shute area well cleaned etc and they are OK.
They do benifit from the light of a xenophot but can get a bit hot with them so better with a standard 131.
Personally I`d expect to pay £25 for an OK one up to £50 max for a minter.
Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC